• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MC Express 180 kit

Sibola

Lifetime Member
A friend of mine installed the 180 kit on his Nytro. Installed boost gauge as well, probably a good thing. It is pulling 11psi, when it is only supposed to run 6 psi. Can't seem to get enough lenght on the waste gate rod to lesson the boost. Just wondering if anybody out there as come across this problem with the MC Express 180 kit. :o| :o|

yeah its a problem i had one running around 12 and we added a manual boost controller to get the boost down

thamax said:
yeah its a problem i had one running around 12 and we added a manual boost controller to get the boost down

X2 on this. I think all kits should come with a boost controller

I have to ask what alltitude? Because kit will see more boost pressure at alltitude then at sealevel. The kit is set to deliver 40kPa (6psi) at sea level. The TCV (turbo control valve) will raise boost to keep total KPA same as at sealevel. Go on snowest and do a search Tbird had a VERY good explaination on this subject;-)

A boost T will only allow it to go down to the set position of the wastegate. And like mentioned if your at higher alt you may need more boost because it is relative to atmospheric presure.

Also something to look for is if the pressure sensor is being plugged in the back because if it is then the boost will rise because the computer thinks it needs more boost because of lack of pressure.

Thanks for the help guy's. We have the TCV valve or sensor disconnected. We looped the line directly from the turbo to the waste gate valve. Still running 11psi. Thinking it must be the waste gate spring is a little to stiff, or like I said before can't get the waste gate arm long enough, so when it sense turbo pressure can't open the gate enough. For kicks we took a waste gate off of a 290 kit MC Xpress, set up the same line directtly from turbo to waste gate and was hitting 14psi at 3/4 throttle. Which leads me back to to stiff of spring or can't get the arm long enough.

My buddy doesn't want to run with a manual ajustable boost control. There was a Nytro in P.G. last year was running 10psi with stock motor and he finally blew it up. To much detnation and it took the rods out.

We are running at 2400 feet, where we are testing.

My 200mcx kit on my 2011 Apex did the same , drove me crazy , tried different waste gate control , fooled around for 2 weeks. Turns out the new Autometer gauge was the problem , finally compared pressure with 2 manual gauges and found the problem.

Manual gauges 6lb / NEW Automerer gauge 10 lb

We found the problem with iur's turned out to be the turbo. Was ported to small, and the waste gate arm wasn't opening uo enough. Put new turbo on and everything is working perfectly. Kicks #*$&@ on 1000 artic cat like nothing.

my frend have the same problem last year.
His problem was that water/snow came in into the vastegate and the presure became high.

He drilld a little hole inte vastegate so the water runs out.
I have allso herd thate the vastegate fore the 240-270 hk kits have a little hole to keap the water out, but i´m not sure if this is right.

Schlorven said:
my frend have the same problem last year.
His problem was that water/snow came in into the vastegate and the presure became high.

He drilld a little hole inte vastegate so the water runs out.
I have allso herd thate the vastegate fore the 240-270 hk kits have a little hole to keap the water out, but i´m not sure if this is right.

Had that happen several times this season, suddenly sled was running a wicked amount of boost. We talked to Erik Marklund at MCXpress, and after that the wastegates came with a pre-drilled hole for water/ moisture to evacuate through..

overboosting

I had the same issue last year. Rode a couple days in deep, powder snow, then the next several days my sled was overboosting. I figured it was the boost controller icing or something. Could either of you guys show where you drilled the hole in the wastegate? How big of a hole did you drill? I think this may have been my issue as well.

32124051.jpg

Back