• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mcx under tunnel exhaust

We have done quite a few of these. I'll try to take a picture of one in the next day or two.
A local shop makes the pipe that relocates the muffler.

My buddy got his kit from High Altitude... I think it was just a different downpipe (out of turbo) keeping it straight under the tunnel.

We simply build a pipe that goes between the existing turbo outlet pipe and the muffler. This relocates the muffler undertunnel, but can be changed back simply by removing this additional section.
A shield is included to close off the section of the tunnel that is open by making this change.
I should be around one of the sleds we have done shortly and will post the pictures after that.

It would be very, very, very interesting to see a pic of this from anyone who got it! Im all into do this exact thing myself...with MCX muffler. Or...does the turbo kill the sound enough that I can run it with just a straight pipe whitout being killed by my wife when I come home late at night and park the sled in the garage down in the basement? Both ours and the kids bedroom is right on top of the garagedoor :o|
(should I add that our youngest kid is minus ~six weeks, he/her is supposed to be delivered 16/1 2010, and the nights that Im going to be allowed to go out and play are way easier to handle if I can come home "quiet")

You should be fine with the straight pipe. Between the turbo and under tunnel location it kills the noise.

PwdrNut said:
A straight pipe under the tunnel is extremely loud.
If you are running in powder it is different, but with no snow or in a garage it is very loud.

I agree with PwdrNut. Straight pipe is extremely loud. My buddy has an Impulse and I have an under the tunnel MCX and it is night and day.

Here is some work that Pwdrnut did for a few sleds.

DSC00330-1.jpg

rich.jpg

I for one don't do a whole lot of riding in my garage or anywhere without snow. :) :jump: My point being, IMHO, a straight pipe with a turbo (and a under tunnel outlet) is not what I call loud, by any means, out on the snow. The qualifier is "out on the snow" Granted in your garage they are loud, but any sled is loud in your garage. This should get a heated debate going! :die

Woodsrider,
I agree that they are not loud in the powder, but he asked about bringing it in his garage with his wife and kid asleep. And for that I would say it is extremely loud and his wife just might want to kill him.

Back