• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MICE!! Please help...

Marathoner

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
I've been a lurker here on the forum for a while and finally decided to sign up because I have an odd question that I couldn't find an answer to in my searches. So, this spring and summer, mice decided to build a condo under my airbox on my 2007 Phazer GT, and they used the 3 white wires from the stator to the regulator as building materials. They cut completely through the wires making it impossible to tell which wire went to which wire in the connector. My question is this: if the wires are all white in color, does that mean it doesn't matter which position I re-wire them into the connector at the regulator? I would just replace the stator assembly if I had the money, but sadly I do not. I do however have some wiring skills and feel very confident that I can do a quality repair on the chewed wiring if I get a solid answer to the wiring position question. I would just wing it but also don't want to fry the regulator if I do it wrong (if it can be done wrong?). I've seen in other posts that the 3 white wires are wired together at the stator (.2 ohms-ish between wires), so I was hoping that was another indicator that it didn't matter what position the wires were re-wired in. Thanks in advance for your input(s)!

I've been a lurker here on the forum for a while and finally decided to sign up because I have an odd question that I couldn't find an answer to in my searches. So, this spring and summer, mice decided to build a condo under my airbox on my 2007 Phazer GT, and they used the 3 white wires from the stator to the regulator as building materials. They cut completely through the wires making it impossible to tell which wire went to which wire in the connector. My question is this: if the wires are all white in color, does that mean it doesn't matter which position I re-wire them into the connector at the regulator? I would just replace the stator assembly if I had the money, but sadly I do not. I do however have some wiring skills and feel very confident that I can do a quality repair on the chewed wiring if I get a solid answer to the wiring position question. I would just wing it but also don't want to fry the regulator if I do it wrong (if it can be done wrong?). I've seen in other posts that the 3 white wires are wired together at the stator (.2 ohms-ish between wires), so I was hoping that was another indicator that it didn't matter what position the wires were re-wired in. Thanks in advance for your input(s)!

You need to get a service manual to be sure. As a VIP we would have that available. Have you looked here? https://ty4stroke.com/threads/phazer-frequently-asked-questions.105636/

Definitely need a service manual. That said it won’t matter which goes to which if the 3 whites heavy guage. If it goes bad I have a complete Phazer stator with bad pickup coil. Can use your pickup and good to go.
C1371449-6BF4-46E2-9692-6E460261F224.jpeg

Thanks guys! I couldn't get my computer to load the Service Manual link in the FAQs, but I was able to locate a diagram online. All it showed was the 3 white wires all going from a circle (the stator) to a box (the regulator), basically going from component to component, nothing more specific than that, or at least that I could find. I think my plan will be to reconnect the wires using heavy gauge wire as mentioned unless someone else on the forum has any contradictory personal experience with rodent conspiracies. And cannondale27, your option may be perfect for me as well if it goes bad because I had ordered RM Stator's pick up coil in advance to cure my code 12 that the mini-rats actually caused. I'll reply back with the results, and thanks for the offer!

Thanks guys! I couldn't get my computer to load the Service Manual link in the FAQs, but I was able to locate a diagram online. All it showed was the 3 white wires all going from a circle (the stator) to a box (the regulator), basically going from component to component, nothing more specific than that, or at least that I could find. I think my plan will be to reconnect the wires using heavy gauge wire as mentioned unless someone else on the forum has any contradictory personal experience with rodent conspiracies. And cannondale27, your option may be perfect for me as well if it goes bad because I had ordered RM Stator's pick up coil in advance to cure my code 12 that the mini-rats actually caused. I'll reply back with the results, and thanks for the offer!

If you become a VIP and we can send you a link that works.

Not trying to show off, but... I THINK I just went VIP for a year. Got my PayPal receipt so far anyhoo. When does the site start showing my VIP status so I can get the link? I also have 3 Yamaha ATVs, so looking forward to spending some time in the TotallYamaha community. Thanks for all the friendly support so far!

Not trying to show off, but... I THINK I just went VIP for a year. Got my PayPal receipt so far anyhoo. When does the site start showing my VIP status so I can get the link? I also have 3 Yamaha ATVs, so looking forward to spending some time in the TotallYamaha community. Thanks for all the friendly support so far!
You are a VIP lol. I’ll message you the link.

Got it, thanks! I hope to post an update in the next day or two, whether or not it runs and charges properly. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to set a few mousetraps...

Got it, thanks! I hope to post an update in the next day or two, whether or not it runs and charges properly. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to set a few mousetraps...

Keeping mice out of your garage or out buildings will be practically impossible BUT you can keep them out of your sleds or anything else you deem unworthy of a mouse house.

Ya know those intense smelling dryer sheets the little lady likes to throw in with your work clothes so you smell like a Nevada brothel? Steal them and put’em to good use! Stuff them under all your panels and in the air box intake when not in use....apparently mice don’t want to smell like little mouse hookers, cuz they work great.

There is no order for those three white wires. Just hook em up.

I use the dryer sheet trick in our camper too, and it seems to do the trick. Guess I need to expand my anti-mouse campaign! And here's an update... IT LIVES!!! Per cannondale27 and 74Nitro, I have first hand experience that they can be hooked in any order. Yay! Fired right up and voltage climbed right away. I'm going to do a more precise voltage check tomorrow when I have a better meter with me, to see if it's actually in spec per the manual. Also, we had been having starting issues late in the season last winter (long cranking time before it would start), but it fired right up after sitting all summer, so hopefully I fixed that issue too. Thanks everyone for the help!

I use 3 of the old style traps, with some peanut butter on them, then put some of the green blocks of mouse poison in a few spots. Seems to have helped alot.

Just thought I'd update on this thread in case anyone was interested... The Phazer has been working flawlessly after the stator wire repair. Voltage is within spec, no dead batteries or running problems, and drives much better after getting UPbushman's kit installed. Thank you forum members!

Back