• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Michigan Dealers?

Superfly

Veteran
First things first, Hello, just joined the site and very, very serious about getting back on a Yammie. I am considering the Apex RTX and Apex GT, does anyone have a dealer they could recommend in Michigan.

I bought my last Yamaha, 98 SRX 600, from Gaylord Power Sports (Now Extreme Powersports). I bought my 04 SD 600 HO SDI from Lakes and Trails in Kalkaska. I was very happy with Lakes and Trails and I am going to contact them but are there any other suggestions or dealers you would recommend.

Thanks.

P.S. just saw the 06's in Ypsilanti last night, AWESOME looking sleds.

If you don't mind the drive to Greenville you might want to call Nelson's Speed Shop. I have never seen anyone sell for less :ORC

Kensington Motorsports (I-96 & Milford Rd) 248-446-0000 This place is unbelievable!! Trust me. Ask for Pat DeLonge.

Superfly, Just go see Arnold at wheels and tell him Jim from Oxford sent you. He will take care of you the best he can. I know him well and bought my wifes 02 SXR 600 from him and they are great to deal with.

Good luck. :Rockon:

Yamanator, I actually have talked to Arnold several times when I was actually considering an 03 RX-1. Seemed like a really nice guy. My concern is their service shop. Any experiences you could relate?

Thanks for the replys, I will be calling the recommended shops. While I am looking for a good price, I also recognize that I will likely get better service from the dealer where I purchased the sled. So, that being said, while I live in Lake Orion, the sleds are kept at the family property in Gaylord/Vanderbilt area.

Superfly-

Where you buy the sled is as important if not more important that what you buy. There is a first class organization in Ispeming in the Upper Pen. Not only do they do a good job, but they are pretty honest about it all too. More importantly tho if you need to work on the sled, that is what seperates the salesman from the machanics. Those guys at Meyer Ent. have two first class machanics and one even owns an RX-1, so they will fix it right the first time. I would recommend them to you. I know it is a drive, but hey, then your up in big snow country and you can ride and get checked out on the same trip. Meyers in Ishpeming 15 miles west of Marquette.

I have had very good experience with Great Escapes in Traverse City. They have been very helpful with modifications, and their mechanics are well trained and are willing to answer questions.

I,ve bought three new sleds over the past few years i shoped till i was sick the best deal i found was Highlands yamaha in countryside ILL.its well worth the drive. a great deal and you get all the yamaha bucks. think snow :4STroke: :Rockon:

Back