• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mileage?

zoomer

Extreme
Just curious what everyone gets for gas mileage on their Apex Mountains. Post either miles per tank or mpg. I seem to be getting about 10mpg. Is that about normal?

I only got 8 mpg last time out. All Trail riding. :yam:

8 or 9mpg in the ditches...lots of off and on the throttle ...takes gas to make HP :Rockon:

If you clutch for lower running rpm with softer engagement springs milage goes up dramatically.

It takes a bit to get it just right I used the old style heel clickers with good results as well as 8 dn 20 weights with short springs on 14.5 mm rollers.

This will drop engagement and cruise rpm by about 1500 RPM

Top end is the same-- in snow drags it will out do the high engagement set

ups-- it does not spin of the line and uses the engines torque much better.

lower rpm clutching

PM .... is the lower RPM clutching your referring to similar to what Hartman runs with smaller rollers.....he was explainign this to me and it sounds great! I'm considering go with Hartman primary and the TIED secondary.....hoping we will hear some real world testing info on the TIED.

Not sure what Tom runs, I hear it is real good though.

I never did bug him about it but we seem to have the same Idea about

clutching---He would get you real close anyway -- lots of happy guys. :jump:

Powder muncher....... part numbers

powder muncher said:
If you clutch for lower running rpm with softer engagement springs milage goes up dramatically.

It takes a bit to get it just right I used the old style heel clickers with good results as well as 8 dn 20 weights with short springs on 14.5 mm rollers.

This will drop engagement and cruise rpm by about 1500 RPM

Top end is the same-- in snow drags it will out do the high engagement set

ups-- it does not spin of the line and uses the engines torque much better.

CAN YOU PROVIDE PART NUMBERS AND MORE DETAIL ON YOUR CLUTCH MODS?? IF SO WHERE DID YOU BUY THEM?? THANKS

For me it really depends on the type of riding and how aggressive.
*Mountain- 80 to 100 MPT. There have been a few days with less than that but they were in sugar snow.
*Groomed trails- 110 to 130 MPT

On the last 8 tanks of gas best is 9.6, worst is 6.2 MPG.
Thats with a lot of wide open like yesterday i was holding it open for minutes at a time. Yes, minutes.

I've always been disappointed with the mileage of my Apex, but I thought it was all the supercharger. Looks like the stockers don't fare much better. I've seen as high as 7.5mpg and as low as 4mpg.

Feeling pretty good about my boosted mileage now.

Back