• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirror Option

putz21

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'23 Sidewinder LTX LE w/EPS
‘19 Sidewinder LTX SE
Over the weekend I was able to finally get around to trying to figure out an option to install the PowerMadd Large Mirror Kit I bought and put it on the standard Yamaha Handguards with the Extensions. I was amazed how easy of a spot I was able to find and the fit was a bit tight, but it turned out great. The Large Mirror Kit is 2.625 inches, so it is a nice size mirror. I only installed the mirror on the left handguard, but it can be easily duplicated for both sides. All I did was drill out the hole for the screw that was furthest to the outside of the handguard for the extension. Then I just used the Black Screw that came with the Large Mirror Kit and I was able to screw it right in and get the bolt on the screw. Here are some pics of how it looks.
WP_20141010_20_24_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20141010_20_24_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20141010_20_24_42_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Nice job on the mirrors! I thought the Viper mirrors were ugly, and I really prefer the mirrors up on the handlebars where I can see them easily. I went with the Yamaha handguards, and still had room to put on a set of the Apex/Vector mirrors. It took a little juggling, but I think it was worth it!

Due to trees I bought the mirror that is on elastic and slides on your arm.

I always wondered how people like that option, as I looked at that too. Are you pretty happy with the way that it works? I always thought that would be a good option for mirrors.

I always wondered how people like that option, as I looked at that too. Are you pretty happy with the way that it works? I always thought that would be a good option for mirrors.

Keeps trees from tearing off mirrors, quick arm up and glance for rear sleds headlight. I wear it half way up forearm. Cheap so no big deal to try one I think I bought mine at a Cat shop.

i love it. i keep it on my fist and like stingray719 said, just pop up your hand and check for headlamps behind. i use it more when i am in a group but still have it onwhen soloing. trees can rip stuff off real nice at times for shure.

Pic stolen off eBay, mirror is only 8 bucks. I have had mine for years.

Delete this if inappropriate.

mirror.jpg

I have used the wrist mirror and it works great if riding with others who ride well - as you can see if they are there and thats all you need to know.

If, on the other hand, you are riding with newbies, or kids were you dont trust them to keep up or set a safe pace, you want to see how they are doing so you can change pace to meet their needs then the more substantial mirrors are helpful.

So, since I do alot of the latter, I am looking into the Crosstour AC windy with mirrors option.

I suspect the mirrors of the orginal poster will be in the middle of these two options.

Last edited:
So, since I do alot of the latter, I am looking into the Crosstour AC windy with mirrors option.

There is a very high likelihood that I will be doing this and would gladly document the installation.

My hope is that a windshield swap can be done in a matter of a few minutes once installed.

Due to rolls/tips/trees etc, I have gone to a cheap bar-end mounted mirror 12.00/set on amazon and haven't broken one yet (I have folded them in a couple times). The bar mounted OEM's are great for visibility but no so rugged and cost a lot to replace.

mirror.jpg

Back