• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors for the RX-1

ReX

TY 4 Stroke God
When I ordered my sled (Red 05 RX-1 ER) my dealer told me there would be new rear mirrors available for it as the 03 and 04 mirrors didn't work very well.

I called my dealer today and my sled should be in in a couple of weeks - but they still haven't recieved the 05 accessory catalog nor do they have any information on the mirrors. They said they might be able to order a set of RS Venture mirrors for me (they are already on back order).

I searched around here and couldn't find anything on them.

Are there new mirrors? Anyone with a picture or link?

I'm looking for quality, functional mirrors that mount to the sled (not the handlebars).

Hang in there bud. I'm in the same pickle you are. Yes yammie is going to offer a mirror "KIT" for $79.00. It will have everything we need for two mirrors. Check on a previous post, someone is offering the kits. I'm headed to a big show here in mich. next sat. so I'm holding off until I see what is there. Good luck, enjoy the new toy. :D MM.

I picked up my accessories cat yesterday.

The mirrors are the same ones that are on the RS venture. Go to the Yamaha site to see what they look like. I'am going to see if I can mount them in a different place.

Part no.is:8ET-W2628-00-00 for $79.95

They look like this....

mirrors.jpg

§tylus said:
They look like this....

It's not exactly "the look" I had in my mind for my new sled - but I guess it's probably the best solution.

What about covers? Does Yamaha have a new cover that fits over those mirrors?

Has anyone seen or tried the Custom Touring Kit mirrors ? They are on page 15 of the 2005 Accessory catalog and were also in the 04 catalog. I would like to have something that mounts lower on the sides. The Venture mirrors seem as bad as the Rev mirrors. They are too much in front of your face all the time. Just my 2 cents. Some people like them.

The 04 and older mirrors don't give you the propper view. Your hands cover up most of the mirror. I know because I've been waiting for these mirrors to come out for a while. The new mirrors may look funny at first "BUT" they really work grrrrrrrrreat. MM. ;)!

I was at the show in Syracuse this weekend and saw mirrors made by USI of Lafayette, In. ph. 765.423.2984/ they are a handguard with a mirror built into them/ a set is around $70.00/ they had a demo set on some handlebars so you could get the idea of how well they work/ I ordered a set for Miss Pattys Warrior / I have already put a set of wind guards on my Warrior with a bike mirror attached to the guard but this item is much better/ if everything works well when I get them I'll post a pic after the install/ then I'll order a set for my sled and my buddy sled/ later/ jim-bob

Watch out for those high mounted mirrors. I have seen others with some mounted in a similar way, and they seem to always break the headlight mask/trim piece, and the mounting area at the instrument pod near where the mirrors mount. It doesn't even take a crash...just vibration over time.

I have a set of Ski-Doo mirrors mounted, which work great, but I have to admit they just don't look quite right on the sled. I will be going with Cat style mirrors this year. They have excellent mirrors and they look great. They work very well mounted to the side of the rear of the hood.

Jim

there are low profile RX-1 mirrors available for 05...it seems to depend on how much you want to see behind...my dealer said some customers are opting for the high mount Venture mirror for maximum rear visibility...i however opted for the low profile ones since i only use mirrors to get a glimpse of the tail light behind...(it is a LAW here in Quebec that sleds have at least one mirror)........Jeff :yam:

I am interested in the new mirrows, however I would not mount them on the windshield, I would mount them on the side.

I would have to get a set first too see if they would work in that position.

I would not mount them on the windshield because I think they would be too much of a distraction and in the way decreasing visability.

I too have the old style mirrors and had a hard time keeping the view away from my hands on the bar but now with the 1 1/2" riser I think the view may be better.

Jim

Back