• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

model 2009 what you expect ?

Apex will be lighter by 20 pounds, slightly more hp and a new drive system that eliminates gear reduction. Hopefully warmer grips!!

Lighter Apex, 4 cylinder 1800 CC, 200 hp stock bullet. :Rockon: Just imagine what a turbo could do to this engine. :jump:

i have a friend who has seen sleds with turbos coming in from over seas with turbos on them being shipped north for the last year. they are in factory crates saying proto types.

FLYBYU said:
i have a friend who has seen sleds with turbos coming in from over seas with turbos on them being shipped north for the last year. they are in factory crates saying proto types.

Are they Yamahas?

FLYBYU said:

Are you sure?

FLYBYU said:

if there in crates how could he tell they have turbos? Greg

It probably will. My dealer told me that he saw some drawings of a sled equipped with it last time he visited Yamaha Scandinavia, he also told me that Yamaha have a patent on power steering for sleds.

The concept of power steering in sleds makes alot of sense to me. With power steering, won't weight be a non-issue for Yamaha trail sleds. I mean, wouldn't it the sled feel significantly lighter because of the ease of steering? Trying to integrate chasis components to save weight seems like a great innovative idea but if Y can make their sleds "feel" lighter by adding powersteering, they may not even need to continue to play the "weight loss" game.

power steering sounds like more weight with little performance gain. I suppose if your parked and are starting a hard turn, but I would much rather they focus on weight reduction. I think the power plant at 150hp would feel completly different, like 200+hp if you were shedding 100lbs. Thats free perf gain by dropping lbs. :moon: :moon: :moon:

Back