• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modified Rx1 Airbox With Pictures

yamahahaapex said:
Lets not forget sled dog lol. Stock mtn clutching, stock plugs, stock belt(6200Kms), and the fact my apex was popping(rev limiter) was a big power loss due to the extra foot of loose powder we got now compared to when i raced you last haha. Changing belt tonight and changing weight oon the primary which will greatly help me in top end. Definentely gotta get my rpm's in range before we meet again otherwise I'm just wasting time. I'll be back to 10 lengths before you know it! LOL :moon:

I think your dreaming my friend. Lets race the sleds with my sled having a 50lb advantage like yours did yesterday. Can you say SNOW DUST! :rofl:

Well the race is not going to happen my buddy from Kamsack sold the sled and I know he has bought a new warrior. He has something up his sleeve and he may even be going NOS on me. LOL Time to buy a turbo I guess.

Would like to hear how this mod worked out for anyone who have done it and what settings, jets and springs your using. As well have you done the clutching to take advantage of the extra power.

Sled Dog I did this mod at the end of last season. I'm using stock springs, I think I went up to 165 jets. I still haven't taken it for a good run but I'll post when I get more info.

Just doing a bit of tuning myself, here is what I have so far. Jetting is 165 mains, one from the bottom on needle, yellow springs, 20 pilots. Now the two facing forward under the 3 facing down were the last holes I drilled, This netted me a lean bog/hesitation around the 6000rpm mark, I have since plugged the two holes, and raised the needle, but I feel its still lean in this range, I might have to use the red springs(that I already have). This might explain the increased fuel mileage after the mod, ruining lean in the trail/cruising range. I have to figure out where I am going to mount my AFR sensor bung too before I do much more tuning, it will eliminate the guesswork.

Attachments

• SSPX0191.jpg
    SSPX0191.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 606
  • SSPX0189.jpg
    SSPX0189.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 498
Would this mod help with my oil consumption prob in my 03 also. Read somewhere if I can get some of the vacuum off of the crankcase breather it may help.

rednecksized said:
Would this mod help with my oil consumption prob in my 03 also. Read somewhere if I can get some of the vacuum off of the crankcase breather it may help.

I am not sure about that I know if I had a 03 I would just live with it and add oil to it and ride. Different oils may help have you tried 100% synthetic to see if its reduced made worse or the stays the same.

jd0270 said:
Just doing a bit of tuning myself, here is what I have so far. Jetting is 165 mains, one from the bottom on needle, yellow springs, 20 pilots. Now the two facing forward under the 3 facing down were the last holes I drilled, This netted me a lean bog/hesitation around the 6000rpm mark, I have since plugged the two holes, and raised the needle, but I feel its still lean in this range, I might have to use the red springs(that I already have). This might explain the increased fuel mileage after the mod, ruining lean in the trail/cruising range. I have to figure out where I am going to mount my AFR sensor bung too before I do much more tuning, it will eliminate the guesswork.

You have the 20 pilots already in try your mixture screws at 2 1/2 out or even three and maybe try running 170 mains as well. I like how you did your baffle very nice.

Running sled dogs mod with 165 and everything else stock (in the carbs). Pulling strong didn't feel any hesitation or bogs. Also running a under tunnel exhaust with this step-up. Only one 30 km run so far around -10C. I keep updated on this mod when I get more seat time.

Hey Sled dog , Thanks for all the great info and pics , just finished your mod on an 04 warrior and 05 rx1 . I must be doing something wrong or perhaps it is an altitude difference , ( 1000 ft or less most of the time ) we have a terrible bog at 6000- 7000 rpm . When I pull the choke out it wants to rip ! stock springs, tried yellows , same thing. # 20 pilots - 170 mains , followed your pics and directions as closely as possible . The carbs and old jets have been cleaned , synced the rack . What are your clips on the needles set at ? mixture screws ? I hope get this figured out soon ,we have an 8 hr ride to Fort Kent planned for Jan 7 . We got real lucky (18 in nice snow for our test and tune rides) ,but dont think my neighbors feel the same way ! Hope someone has some tips for us. Thanks to all on this site for all the great info, entertainment :o| :jump: :yam: :4STroke:

Try some silver or blue springs, lower the clip on your needles 1 groove (raises the needle), #20 pilot jets, and set your mixture screws to 1 3/4 turns out and let us know how that works. Good Luck! :Rockon:

Back