• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modified Rx1 Airbox With Pictures

That sounds promising! I will look into this mod....first I have heard of it.

culvert said:
Hey Sled Dog,
What is your clutching for the modded airbox? You still run the stock 151 track?

Yes I am running stock 04 mtn 151 track and 04 mtn stock gearing and stock 04 mtn secondary. I asked Turk about my primary clutching and he said it is basically stock 03 clutching the arms are filled with stock weights and I think my spring is a stock 03 as well. Sorry I cant go look as I am away at work but Turk said my primary is basically stock 03.

Dog, other than being better out of the hole and mid-range, how much faster top end are you getting? Are you running the 2 inch stock track?

I am running the stock 2 inch Challenger and it flies apart when running wide open. I am going to install my 1.25 later this winter.

Does anyone have a proven air box mod for an rx1 mnt that rides in the 5000 to 7500 ft elevation?

Rode the sled hard today -30 C. I developed the mid bog. It occurred when I was going up the steeper hills coming off then back onto the throttle. I'm not sure if the problem is with the air box mod or my under tunnel exhaust. Maybe not enough back pressure on the glass pack? Any ideas. Sled ran strong as long as I didn't go off and on the throttle full to 3/4 to full.

I finally got me Jet's installed last night and took it for a quick ride. I have the mid bog too, once it get's past it it pull's strong. Will a clip move on the needle take care of this? I currently have no hole shot what so ever. Rev's up to about 6-8K studders's like it wants to do something and then the power hits hard and spins the track like mad (no studs). Wish I had that grunt off the line.

Bill

Well took it out on the trail today and the initial studder goes away after it is warm but if I am WOT and get off of it and get back on it it studders in the 6-8K rpm range yet, then it will clear up and pull strong. At about 80-85MPH it seems like it is running low on fuel because it seems to loose power, and drop down to 9K rpm from 10.2K. Thoughts?

I'm running 165 mains and whatever is stock for my 03 mountain. elevation would be in the 0-1000 ft range. I have the same problem as SMOKNZ. I'm having a problem with the Youtube video I post the video when I fix it.

Make sure that you are placing the new main jet in the right location. Others have inadvertently replaced the wrong jet and had problems like you are describing.

Back