• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono RA Starting Points - VERY good results

wolfie,

I'm about the same weight and also ride aggressively.

I found moving the clip to the second position and the adjuster to the 5th position pretty much solved the bottoming issue for me while still providing a soft ride when I turn down the shock adjuster (3 clicks softer than middle).

The sled does sit a lot higher, so if you want a low sled you'll probably want a stiffer spring.

I have tried the heavy spring and I feel if you are in to the 2nd clip position this would be a better route to go. I was still bottoming in the 2nd clip position but I did not go up farther on the adjustments....

I am thinking if you are 210 + the 2nd postion in about 4 or 5th click will be great but if you are 250 and bigger the spring might be the better toute so you can still soften the RA to handle the stutters.

I am about 320 with gear, i moved the clip up to the third setting, but have not been able to try it yet. Do you think that will be hard of a setting or will I need the heavier spring?

Mr Sled,
What is the Part number of the heavier spring

I found 3 part numbers, but not sure what is stock.
8FU-47489-00-00 , K=44N/MM
8FU-47489-10-00 , K=63.7N/MM
8FU-47489-20-00, K-29.4N/MM

Let us know which one and your setup for the weight.

Thanks
Keith

Well, after 700 miles of riding with the spring collar set in the #2 or "middle" groove, I have found that the spring "deflects" (like sqeezing a pen spring between your fingers, it wants to shoot out to one side). This in turn has majorly rubbed thru the shock body and the seal end cap. Yea, the dealer will replace the shock, but the stock spring will not work. If you like the #2 groove more than #1 I would strongly recomend going to the 66NM spring. Unfortunately, that spring is $200.

My dealer is replacing the shock and spring with the hevy one, but the parts are back ordered for 4 weeks.

Attachments

• IM001418.JPG
    IM001418.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 180
It could also be that your spring was somewhat defective, or maybe some wierd ice build up or ?.

I've been running my mono in the 2nd clip position with the preload on #5 - so I'm close to the 3rd clip position.

I set it like this somewhere around 1000 kms. Now with 3400 kms on it I just checked the shock carefully. There isn't a mark anywhere that I can see from the spring contacting it.

here are the pics of the updated finger to protect the boot...really works too ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 184
RedRX1 said:
Have you guys shortened your limiter strap as well?

Two holes tighter. Although in more slippery conditions I wouldn't mind a little more weight transfer again.

Back