• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono shock eyelet worn through....

One of the feller's at Yamalaugh told me it is because of two things, my studs, and my track is TOO loose. :drink:

I wonder if he's ever ridden a sled? ;):D

wear

87gtNOS said:
One of the feller's at Yamalaugh told me it is because of two things, my studs, and my track is TOO loose. :drink:

I wonder if he's ever ridden a sled? ;):D

He should have said poor design. I see the 09's have a little oval piece welded on top of the rear arm.

Ulmer has a kit that prevents this

Ulmer Kit

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 82
I bought the Ulmer kit pictured above but I have not put very many miles on it yet. I have heard that the bearings will not last very long if you have studs in the center of the track like I do.

Does anybody have any feedback on how long the bearings in the Ulmer kit should last with stud heads running over them. I run a fairly loose track and right now I am planning on replacing them yearly.

That is exactly why I am asking if anyone has put extensive miles on the Ulmer kit with studs in the center of the track to find out how the bearings hold up.

2500 miles and I have very slight wear. Need to stay on the gas all the time..this keeps the top in tension and away from the eye...lol.

Well, I have my Ulmer kit installed so I guess I will just have to wait and see how long the bearings last with my center stud heads hitting them.

Blue Dave said:
That is exactly why I am asking if anyone has put extensive miles on the Ulmer kit with studs in the center of the track to find out how the bearings hold up.

Yes, I have the Ulmer kit. It is removed for the pics. The bearings got smashed. Only the center of the bearings were left. Actually, that was mid winter last winter. The other day when I removed the skid, the NUT and one bearing (just the center piece!!) were missing!! This sucks, because I had a couple more bearings to put on it. But now I don't have that brass bushing for both sides.

I like rehm70's setup!

How's this for Yamaha? The DEALER installed my studs!!! :die

Apparently Yamaha has added wear pads on the '09's that unfortunately is not a direct bolt on for the older sleds.

I also like Rehm's set-up and I will probably switch to something like that once my Ulmer kit fails. How many miles did your Ulmer kit last?

Blue Dave said:
I bought the Ulmer kit pictured above but I have not put very many miles on it yet. I have heard that the bearings will not last very long if you have studs in the center of the track like I do.

Does anybody have any feedback on how long the bearings in the Ulmer kit should last with stud heads running over them. I run a fairly loose track and right now I am planning on replacing them yearly.

I have had Ulmers Kit since they came out with it. I think midway through the 06 season and I have put 2500 miles on since then and the bearings are still fine. When I installed the kit there wasn’t any wear on the shock I just did so as a precautionary measure. I am studded in the center with 168 Woodys Mega Bites and I ride my sled like I stole it. I wonder why not everyone is having this problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the limiter strap and transfer rod adjustments. I have my limiter strap moved up one hole and my transfer rod between half and minimum.

I have not changed my limiter strap and I run at full transfer (I like to do wheelies). After the first season of about 1800 miles my shock eye was slightly worn but nowhere near as bad as the above pictures.

I installed Ulmers kit this year and I only have about 200 miles on it so far. I guess that I will just keep an eye on it. (no pun intended)

Hey Guys, I contacted Mr. Sled about selling these bushing kits and am waiting for a reply.
Anyone interested?
I am thinking $25 shipped to a US zipcode......
I would like feedback before I purchase more nylon stock.
Derek

Back