• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono Shock Issues.

drifter

Extreme
I have customers that are wearing out bushings and ripping the adjuster boots.

How many of you are having these issues with you Monoshock skids?

The bushings in mine are all wore out I am waiting for the maxximum performance bushing kit to be released that has a more durable plastic.

For what it's worth Yamaha had a TSB come out a bit ago. Any '05 RX1 is covered: Basically it's a different cable and a protector shield. We saw a few cables pull off the mono shocks last year. Ask your dealer about TSB S2005-008

Kevin

I have replaced bushings, broken cable, ripped boot, and 2 broken idler wheels. Sled has been in shop since march, waiting for new W-arm and rails. Both are broken.

I am slowly hearing of updates ....I am sure Yamaha will take care of you guys....Dont quote me on this, just my gut feeling...and I have one hell of a gut....LOL

Hmmmmm, I have an EC Ohlins coming for my Attak and was thinking of selling it. But with the issues with the manual cable maybe I should reconsider....................

You won't have problems with the cable once you have the updates done. They've added some protection to keep the track from touching it. Also Mighty, even though you have the EC Ohlins it still uses the manual cable as well.

While the Öhlins® Mono Shock™ EC rear suspension delivers full range compression adjustability from handlebar, the rebound is adjustable via a clicker on the shock body.

The electronic part is for compression range adjustability only. The rebound is still adjusted by the clicker in the tunnel.

:ORC :tg:

I talked to Yamaha yesterday. Anyone with a 2005 RX-1 with Monoshock will be very happy. It sounds like you will be getting all the 2006 updates. I will have confirmation after the 2006 Snowmobile Tech seminar.

The boot ripped on my cable, and the cable pulled out of the shock. Will that require a new shock or will they stick the cable back in the old one? Any timeline on when Yamaha may or may not offer the updates? I'm hoping to avoid having to beg to have the bushings and slide rails addressed.

Srxspec said:
Mighty, even though you have the EC Ohlins it still uses the manual cable as well.
Not true, there's a knob at the bottom of the shock. The cable does not attach to the Ohlins. I can simply remove the cable assembly if I choose to install the Ohlins :ORC

Back