• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More 2011 Photos...

"Electronic Power Steering" Come on guys.....if its true, I'd say that's a game changer!!! How many people complain about their Heavy Steering four strokes??? I had em all rx-1 to apex....that tech will be cool on a sled. My .02

theflamanguy said:
"Electronic Power Steering" Come on guys.....if its true, I'd say that's a game changer!!! How many people complain about their Heavy Steering four strokes??? I had em all rx-1 to apex....that tech will be cool on a sled. My .02

Look what it did to the ATV world. You guys remember the Grizzly?

There is another Yamaha sled that is truly new. From what I've heard it is supposed to be a bump sled and impressive. I have to wait until Feb 2nd to see it just like everyone else.

If ya offer sleds in a 128 it eliminates the need for a 136 and then ya can skip right to a 144...

Yamadooed said:
If ya offer sleds in a 128 it eliminates the need for a 136 and then ya can skip right to a 144...

Eliminate the need for a 136"?? No way!! A 128" only has another 1-2" of track actually on the ground, VS a 121". That isn't chit. A 136" has 7-8" more track on the ground VS a 121". The ride difference is amazing.

121" VS 128" ride quality is negligible. Yes, it does appear the new Apex, or whatever the Hell it is, does have a 128". But, I don't see the 136" skid option being done away with. A 136" skid is the perfect middle ground for someone who wants a better ride on trail, but doesn't need/want the off trail capability of a 144".

i agree with theflamanguy, eps on a sled! then you could set more weight on the front end and make it truely rail around corners. also, if its like the grizzly it would take away a lot of the steering scrub you feel through the bars. this may not be as great as rider forward but not too far behind impo.

theCATman said:
Yamadooed said:

Eliminate the need for a 136"?? No way!! A 128" only has another 1-2" of track actually on the ground, VS a 121". That isn't chit. A 136" has 7-8" more track on the ground VS a 121". The ride difference is amazing.

121" VS 128" ride quality is negligible. Yes, it does appear the new Apex, or whatever the Hell it is, does have a 128". But, I don't see the 136" skid option being done away with. A 136" skid is the perfect middle ground for someone who wants a better ride on trail, but doesn't need/want the off trail capability of a 144".

Use'n yer track math formula there's 1-2" on the ground difference between a 128" n 136" which as you say" isn't chit"... Yes it would be great to sell all different lengths but things are gonna get streamlined and the tweeners are the first to go...

Yamadooed said:
theCATman said:
Yamadooed said:

Use'n yer track math formula there's 1-2" on the ground difference between a 128" n 136" which as you say" isn't chit"... Yes it would be great to sell all different lengths but things are gonna get streamlined and the tweeners are the first to go...

So if they make a 128" and a 144", the 136" won't be missed if the 144" has the six degree tip- up of the XTX. I had a Rage before the XTX and there is no need for the 136" to exsist anymore. JMO, but I've owned both and loved the 136" over the 121". The best of both worlds lies in the rails of the XTX.

Sounds pretty cool. We will need to keep on eye on the bolts holding eps to the sled. Or maybe it will be an electrial problem and the sled will turn right when we turn left. ha

Man if I could retro fit EPS on my XTX and throw a turbo on it I may never have another sled!

Well for a year or two at least! :winter:

Back