• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I have a few customers that have used kits for sale. The kits fit 14-19 models. 2020 models have a different spindle so I will be releasing a new kit. These customers will be buying the 2020 kits and I'm just trying to help them sell off the 14-19 kit. Several are in Canada so the duty has already been paid!

Need some feedback. Curious as to what setting most people are using on this kit so i am going to add a poll to this thread.

I've warrantied a few sets of tie rod ends on these kit for premature wear. I was overly cautious when I first designed this kit and wanted cotter pins locking all fasteners. Beings the oem tie rods seem to hold up better I have decided to omit the tie rod ends with cotter pin holes. I will be supplying new nylock nuts to attach tie rods to the MPS arms. Nylocks loose their hold strength every time they are cycled on and off a bolt, so using a fresh nut is recommend. Omission of the ends from my kit is going to yield a reduced price for the kit also. The kits will drop $40, down to $340. ;)!

I have similar question, I bought a used kit off someone who bought a 2020, should I just use the Stock outer end and will work ok?

My father has about 6,000 miles on his kit with zero issues. He is a absolutely smitten with it. If you asked him, he would probably tell you its the best money he has even spent on a sled.

I now have kit design finalized for the the BTX & XTX models with the "bone" spindle from 17-22. These models have the 40" wide front end.
mps btx.jpg

Kits can also be made for MTX models with the 36" front end and the Venom with 38" front end with appropriate tie rods. I will likely stock a few of these kits as well but don't anticipate as much demand for these models.

The kit for the ARCS trail spindle that came out in 2020 will fit the 2022 models that don't come with EPS.

Back