• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mechanical Power Steering for Sidewinder - BTX & XTX "bone spindle" kits now available

What setting are you running on the kit?

• Front

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Middle

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rear (easiest steering)

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This product was big success last season. I told many people over the phone that if they bought the kit and were not happy they could send it back. I have yet to have someone install and send it back. The kit just simply works.

For this season I'm going to try and equip some of the bigger Yamaha dealers in popular snow areas with a kit to put on their demo sled. This will give people the opportunity to test it first hand. I have not had much time to pursue this yet, but I did send a kit to Kip at Pat's Motorsports last week. I've also been in contact with Jackman powersports in Maine, and Port Yamaha in Wisconsin.

If anyone knows of any dealers that would be interested in a demo set don't hesitate to contact me.

I would be happy to throw a set on my sled and let customers try but we haven't had good ride-able snow locally for years.

How much slower is the steering ratio?

My guess is about a 33% increase in leverage, so travel of the bars would also increase by 33% for any given turn. Just a guess as I don't have a tape to measure the distance from pivot point to stock position and from stock to new. Just eyeballing it. You have a choice of three positions so you could select say a 10% increase instead!

Let me know when the RS version is done . I'll get one:letsnow: for the wifes sled.....

Been awhile since I posted anything on this thread. Talked to a few people concerned about the increased turning radius. What people have to remember is that at speed on the trail you will never turn the bars stop to stop to navigate a turn. As my dealer put it, "If you have to turn the bars against the stop to make a turn you've already crashed the turn". Never really thought of it this way, but it's true. If you have to turn bars against the stops to navigate a turn then the skis are not biting. If anything I would say MPS will offer more confidence and precision in turning due to the fact that one can run aggressive ski pressure.
Ok so when your stopped and want to do a u turn on the trail how much turning radius are we loosing?

It's really not much to me.
I'm using the second hole.

Presently I am out of stock on these kits. I have more MPS arms being made and should have them in stock again in about a week.

Installed one of these kits last night on a thundercat
Great looking pieces

Travis is the man, I just got my MPS kit with a bunch of other goodies from him to set up my new Winder... can’t wait to rip this season!

Kip at Pat's Motorsports in Greenland just emailed me and told me they have the demo MPS kit installed and ready for demo rides. He said there is great snow and their open house is today so head on over and try it out if you are in the area.

I picked up a 2018 leftover Sidewinder RTX SE on Friday. We slapped a set of Pilot 5.7 skis on it. Today we went for a ride. My Dad has a 2017 LTX SE with Pilot 5.7 skis. He has the MPS kit, and I do not.

We traded sleds after 30 miles. I was blown away at the difference in steering effort. His sled steered much easier! I will be ordering the kit down the road. This just plain works.

I picked up a 2018 leftover Sidewinder RTX SE on Friday. We slapped a set of Pilot 5.7 skis on it. Today we went for a ride. My Dad has a 2017 LTX SE with Pilot 5.7 skis. He has the MPS kit, and I do not.

We traded sleds after 30 miles. I was blown away at the difference in steering effort. His sled steered much easier! I will be ordering the kit down the road. This just plain works.

Yes it does! I too was taken back with how great it was. I never felt the Winder steered hard at all coming off a Doo 1200, but putting the BOP arms on has made the steering even that much easier. Love it for my bad shoulders and elbows!

Wow that is a great comparo, great post and nice work Travis!

Back