• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motec apex turbo build

Need for Speed 2

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Hey guys I want to build one last and final apex turbo. I am looking for a good large intercooler and a few other pieces. Martin @ Precision Sports will be handling the fueling and ignition and yours truly will be building the rest. I have not found a sled yet but I will any leads here in the Maritimes would be appreciated Thanks Kevin

Hello Kevin long time.
Not done With the Apex yet, Nice.
What year apex and what Power are you aiming for?

I'm still running Your header in my old girl, working great :)

I want to make 600 plus, but not sure wich way I will get it to spool up , Sure Martin will get that figured out. I want to be able to run it on trails limited amounts but mostly race. Glad your header has proven strong. Cheers

I suppose it's all depends what turbo setup your going with. Powderlites has a large HP. intercooler. http://powderlites.com/partsyamaha.php

Impulse performance has one for his HP kit.

Martin has a HP core if you want to build one.

I'm sure Martin can get you setup with an intercooler. You can get the 9 position switch which you can 9 different boost settings and maps for trails and race. I just went with the 2 position for high boost and the other for low boost with low octane fuel.

Hurricane offers a nice high HP inter cooler for the apex, and I think he has one in stock. Tell Martin you want to build a power steering sled - I've been bugging him about setting up a motec for the newer sled.

Pursuade him to develop the controls for the GT Ohlins EC rear shock too.

Need for Speed 2 said:
Hey guys I want to build one last and final apex turbo. I am looking for a good large intercooler and a few other pieces. Martin @ Precision Sports will be handling the fueling and ignition and yours truly will be building the rest. I have not found a sled yet but I will any leads here in the Maritimes would be appreciated Thanks Kevin

Are you building this one to go against the 600 hp blue 1200 doo from northerm N.B. ?

Are you building this to run against your Motec Doo

no not to compete against doo, I like the souynd and power of the 4 cyls, and I have a few cool ideas in my head for the last 3 years that I have to try before time makes the apex a dinosaur. I don't want a power steer machine. just an old wore out beater, just like the old Wooly Mamoth was when we built it. 151 long homebuilt tunnel and a 22 inch long straight shot stepped header with an oiless turbo and motec, air charge tube built into tunnel as direct cooler and then a high flow intercooler, just a few ideas to get going with

Back