• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mpi crainkcase breather

spddmon

Lifetime Member
annyone running the mpi issued breather or did they find them a bit too restrictive? i could hardly blow through the end piece of the tube so ime going to put some brass scowering pad into the end of the tube

I've been runnung mine for two winters now, no problems at all. Just don't route the hose over to the brake side like they show. I zip-tied mine to the steering column area. Reason is the crank gases carry a little oil as well as moisture and I didn't like that getting near my brake rotor and electrics. Don't worry about the little filter tho, it works good. ;)! :4STroke:

I ran mine straight forward into the nose easy to clean there and works fine

Attachments

• IMG_0555_1.JPG
    IMG_0555_1.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 68
That is the hose supplied in the MPI kit. They recommend that you route it up towards the steering post, but tko routed it forward and it works well there!

OK, what size and type hose does MPI include in their kit?

i have the vent tube mounted to the cable guide on the steering tree. took it for a ride sat with the copper pad in the tube and end piece out on hard pac it doesnt vent make it work inthe powder it vents a steady stream up through the opening around the handlebars. its morelike a ring issue got to give them time to seatin

Back