• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi stage 2 questions

Studroes144

TY 4 Stroke God
Been tossing around the idea of doing the head shim and going with more boost on my stage 1 mpi turbo. My kit has the innercooler, few questions I have, what, if any, concerns do people have with the head shim setup? I've chatted some with the dealer who would be installing it, they have a head shim from last winter that was for a turbo project that didn't happen. Definitely will be going with aftermarket head studs, planning to run around 10 pounds of boost. Will also be upgrading the fuel pump, will just the fuel pump upgrade provide enough fuel for 10 pounds of boost or do I need to install the additional injector as well? I'm loving the sled at 6 pounds of boost. It's very powerful but still easy to control the power, just wanting to turn that WOW feeling into a WOW WOW feeling lol and since I already have the stage 1 kit I'm 3/4 of the way there. Any thoughts or Input would be appreciated

That didn't take long.....

I'm running 10 lbs and I did the Hurricane Install myself with the headshim+fuel pump and let me tell you it's WOW WOW WOW.

I've had 0 issues and believe it to be a safer kit in my eyes with the headshim.

Ya that's what I don't want to happen lol a local here did that with his cat 7000 with the mpi turbo and once he did that the amount of $ spent and the work load about tripled to get it all working properly again lol

I think you just answered your own question your 3/4 of the way there don't do it again do the injectors along with the fuel pump only makes sense the fuel is only capable of what the injector can put out let her dig lol

Maybe one of the turbo company's can chime in. Surely one of them has taken it a little too far. Shouldn't be up to you to figure that out. Then again no risk no reward. Nobody remembers the first loser in a race.

First loser doesn't bother me as much as blowing a head gasket half way thru the race lol or worse. I'm sure the last month has been swamped for all the high performance guys! And I'm not too concerned right now on time frame, I'm enjoying my sled and starting to get used to the nice added power, but if I'm gonna go thru and do this I'd like to be able to atleast get some late year riding done with it.

Maybe one of the turbo company's can chime in. Surely one of them has taken it a little too far. Shouldn't be up to you to figure that out. Then again no risk no reward. Nobody remembers the first loser in a race.
I'm thinking that too I heard from a very reliable source once that the stock injectors are only good for up to about 4 pounds

Back