• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MR SLED

Here’s a before & after picView attachment 159830

Great pictures! I have no problem subscribing to this site! Hope I never need the service manuals. But glad to know they are available. I saw a recent post in the Rs forum that made me think. I would not attempt that without the service manual. He was looking for info on lining up the balance shaft. When installing the crankshaft. Very important info. If you do not want to do it twice! Been there done that!

I'm on FB promoting this site to members of the RX forum and the Yamaha 4-stroke forum. I am in constant awe of the amount of BS advise that is given over there. I admit I know a fraction of most do here, but it's a sheetload more than most people do over there. I know there's a couple people that promote the TY4stroke site as well. For those of you on FB, how about helping me and getting these people over to this site?

The amount of issues, especially cold start problems is mind boggling. For may posters this is their first Yamaha 4stroke and they are trying to start it like a 2 stroke. They have nothing but problems and foul plugs constantly. Then they go and bash the sled and say it's a POS. I know I've steered more than 1 person here and I feel that if I can help one person enjoy there sled more, then it was well worth it.

BTW - I'm mainly on FB for the joke sites but those are getting shut down and moving over to meewee. Sledding pages and marketplace as well.

I will say that this site is by far the best forum on the internet, there is a heck of alot of riders out there that buy into this sport to spend time with there family and friends trail riding, not all have wrenching experience and are left to the mercy of a dealer and the BS that sometimes comes with that, I have seen many first time snowmobilers get caught up into the part replacers some dealers push on newbie's into this sport only because they don't no the difference, often leaving a bad taste in there mouths towards this great sport and pastime, not all riders have deep pockets and end up with a machine sometimes they can't afford to get fixed at the dealer after being had, this is why TY is so important, it is a place for riders to get help and become more confident and point them in the right direction thus getting them back on the trails and supporting this great sport, there is a unbelievable amount of experience and master mechanics and trouble shooters on this site, we are so blessed that they will take the time and reach out to help, as much as I like to keep the irons in the fire make no mistake I would go out of my way to help a fellow rider if I can on this site, I would like to thank the all the members and moderators and you Mr Sled for your passion keeping this site up and running.

Fee for membership is definitely a option but I think the secret to success is the advertiser contributions. I don't know how many members are familiar with Airline Malls. If I buy a $1600 GSE EPS its based on what I learned/recommendations from TY. GSE has know idea that a majority of their customer base came from TY. In other words, GSE, or any component MFR, has know that the purchase originated from recommendations on TY. Then, TY could turn around to the MFR and say: see how many customers TY sent you. Of course, I don't know how to do this unless you treat TY member purchases like a Airline Mall - need to start your purchase from TY. Think of the Yamaha purchases this site creates.

It dont work.. GSE sees no value in this site.. He was here and is now gone. Some just dont get it. Excell has even left... TD basically gave me the cold shoulder and didnt want to pay for ads since he wasnt on the site.. whatever.. then you have piles of Members that wont become VIPs.... If you want the site to stay, the members need to step up and own it.. basically by the memberships.

It dont work.. GSE sees no value in this site.. He was here and is now gone. Some just dont get it. Excell has even left... TD basically gave me the cold shoulder and didnt want to pay for ads since he wasnt on the site.. whatever.. then you have piles of Members that wont become VIPs.... If you want the site to stay, the members need to step up and own it.. basically by the memberships.

X2

I agree MrSled, there is no reason why members can't support this site and become a VIP, this site can save you hundreds if not thousands when its your turn to ask for some help, 15 bucks for a year.. come on?? that's like 3 beer at your local watering hole for god sakes, STEP UP AND SUPPORT THIS GREAT SITE!!!

I’ve been a tag along member on this site for years. I don’t post a bunch, only when I think I can contribute to the thread. But I have certainly become much more informed about my yamaha snowmobile(s) while going thru several different versions! I read this site passionately as I typically see great support, tips, respectful opinions and only occasionally the flamer. I’ve tried following some other forums and FB, but quickly disregard them for the unbalanced attacks and outride rudeness on them. If you agree with me, it’s time to step up and support this forum. If you think about how much we we spend on this sport we all love, TotallYamaha is a bargain.

Last edited:
You have to change the site to pay for full funtions and offer a teaser access or just shut the site down. Relying on volunteer's doesn't work. My Lance of America has a one time fee of $25 I think. Used to be anyway. How that works not sure but it's been running ad free for many years now. The clowns who don't want to pay $25 go to RV net or Facebook and deal with all kinds of crap. I don't go to those places cause of that stuff. So my Lance site is clean and the members are sincere and we get things done.

I’ve been using this site for years, usually check in 3 times a day. Not sure I could go on without it. I’m just on here so much reading I never think about the memberships because everything I need is on the forums. I just ordered VIP lifetime. Thank you for all of your hard work, I appreciate it.

I was a VIP member, and absentmindedly let it lapse. Reading this thread made me think about just how much I enjoy this site, and how important it is to me to have access to the collective expertise that cannot be found anywhere else. For about 9 months of every year, every day, the first thing I do when I get on my computer is to log on to the Totally Yamaha website. To make a long story short, I just signed up for the lifetime VIP membership. I hope that some others will do a little soul-searching, and do that same. Thank you for all you do Mr. Sled!

Back