• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MR SLED

??? You won't swing your leg over nothing but a Yamaha? ah I hate to break this to you... but your swinging your leg over a CAT, maybe your secretly wearing green long johns. :crap:

ENOUGH ALREADY

Tom, your work on this site is appreciated.

I have to admit that I do have a facebook account but I really only use it to gather info on all my toys (boat, wheelers, trucks, etc.) and I have learned a lot from those groups that I'm apart but there is something about this site that is above all those other groups. I was 18 when I bought my first Yamaha( 09 Nytro MTX bought in 2013). If it wasn't for this site and all the awesome knowledge that sled would have really pissed me off. This site explained all the issues perfectly and the solutions to them. I'm now 26 and recently sold my Cat M8000. Two young kids and no time to travel made it clear that I needed to sell it and take a few years off until the kids are old enough to ride with me. That was an extremely hard thing for me to do because my passion for snowmobiling is so strong. Mr. sled this is the greatest snowmobiling website/forum around. Keep up the good work!

for both of the Yamaha sleds I have owned and modified this site has been an essential knowledge base to draw from. If I can't fix it myself I can't afford to own it, so a site like this is in many was the foundation of my ownership. seems that all forums have the crap, and one soon learns to not step in it. This forum is important to me.....

Hey, what’s going on here? I don’t know what has happened lately, because I haven’t checked in in quite some time. I really hope this forum doesn’t disappear. I have a Yamaha snowmobile that I really enjoy. I need some help getting it fixed up at the moment. And in the past I’ve always relied on this site for the good information that it provides. I’ve never gone snowmobiling with any of the members here. And I have always wanted to go on one of the group rides, but have not ever been able to make it happen. I hope to do so in the future, of course. I have owned only two Yamaha‘s during my 57 years on this planet. The first Yamaha was a 2005 vector that I bought brand new. I had some issues with it, but that was of my own doing. I did fix it up and enjoy it for the three years I had it. I kind a wish I still had it. I always wanted a Yamaha Apex, but I have yet to own one of those. Right now, I own a 2013 Yamaha Nytro that was a former factory Hillclimb racer. I have installed an AD Boivin Expert X 144 rear suspension in it. I have yet to ride it due to the charging system no longer working. Are used the information from the site to diagnose the problem. My stator is only producing 43 V. I saw some information regarding the upgrading of the starter sprag gear and such. So I have committed to replacing everything. The stator, voltage regulator, the starter sprag clutch, the starter, and other associated parts. I really don’t have much interest in the newer snowmobiles that keep coming out today. But I do have an interest in riding Yamaha snowmobiles. Maybe I am more of a fan of the machine then I am in snowmobiling in general? I want to keep my Nytro and buy an Apex. I’d also like to attend a TY ride event before this whole thing disbands. So don’t blow it up yet!

Here’s a before & after pic
9BFB6483-B34A-4501-9DA6-6200E5E30D67.jpeg

I saw the value of this site when I bought my MP in 09 and why I became a lifer early on. I have learned so much, either from help here or on my own, that I share what I can and help out as much as I can. Something that's lacking and impersonal on FB. The community is here. You know you have a good group here when you have people that don't even own a Yamaha anymore and they still hang out here.

SO, if everybody says this site is so great, and its being threatened, I think Mr Sled should talk about possible solutions?

Mr. Sled This site should be set up like my Lance Owners of America were there is no adds and you pay to join. Anyone really into this forum and the money saved and advice given would pay. Other clowns will stay on facebook.

Fee for membership is definitely a option but I think the secret to success is the advertiser contributions. I don't know how many members are familiar with Airline Malls. If I buy a $1600 GSE EPS its based on what I learned/recommendations from TY. GSE has know idea that a majority of their customer base came from TY. In other words, GSE, or any component MFR, has know that the purchase originated from recommendations on TY. Then, TY could turn around to the MFR and say: see how many customers TY sent you. Of course, I don't know how to do this unless you treat TY member purchases like a Airline Mall - need to start your purchase from TY. Think of the Yamaha purchases this site creates.

We have the same problem on another forum I'm on. You have the cheap azz's that don't care about anything except getting their sleds running and then disappear until the next time they need our help. We also have paid memberships as well as lifetime memberships (the idea I got from here actually) but the paying members are few and far between. Every once in a while, we have membership drives to encourage people to join. Some of us have also added a phrase to our signatures:

This site is funded by you! If you have saved some money from help you received, please consider becoming a supporter or donating. All proceeds go to supporting the site. Thank you!

In fact, I just added it to mine. If it's plastered enough on the site and in posts, people will notice.

We have the same problem on another forum I'm on. You have the cheap azz's that don't care about anything except getting their sleds running and then disappear until the next time they need our help. We also have paid memberships as well as lifetime memberships (the idea I got from here actually) but the paying members are few and far between. Every once in a while, we have membership drives to encourage people to join. Some of us have also added a phrase to our signatures:

In fact, I just added it to mine. If it's plastered enough on the site and in posts, people will notice.
Sometimes I wonder if we give people too much free technical/troubleshooting advice...and then they disappear. I'm pretty sure we've saved many guys hundreds of dollars over the years.

Fee for membership is definitely a option but I think the secret to success is the advertiser contributions. I don't know how many members are familiar with Airline Malls. If I buy a $1600 GSE EPS its based on what I learned/recommendations from TY. GSE has know idea that a majority of their customer base came from TY. In other words, GSE, or any component MFR, has know that the purchase originated from recommendations on TY. Then, TY could turn around to the MFR and say: see how many customers TY sent you. Of course, I don't know how to do this unless you treat TY member purchases like a Airline Mall - need to start your purchase from TY. Think of the Yamaha purchases this site creates.
This is a great idea/point. Most of the products I buy for my sled I have seen on this site. There has to be a way for advertisers to monetize that benefit.

Back