• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Snowmobile Division.... Mission/Vision Statement

Yamaha is done manufacturing sleds the partnership with Textron continues if Yamaha has a new engine for the the Catalyst. Otherwise no future with long in the tooth procross.

“We have purchased the Arctic Cat snow division and will continue to offer both brands, built to the level of quality that Yamaha customers are accustomed to.”
I'm honestly kind of surprised cat didn't take this offer before going with Textron.

I'm honestly kind of surprised cat didn't take this offer before going with Textron.
Looks like AC did better with Textron new Catalyst platform and 2s lay down engines. Currently Yamaha is a small side business that seems to be happy with old technology. AC snowmobiles is in a good position Yamaha snowmobiles could be gone with a stroke of Textron pen and a very limited build.

Good business says, the company is worth more as a whole, since technologies like engines etc could be shared across lines. If someone wanted the snow division, it would have never happened. But textron wanted AC for the much more profitable dirt division.

I think most of us thought textron would have shut down the snow division or sold it off after the fact since it is so seasonal and high risk with minimal gain.

Good business says, the company is worth more as a whole, since technologies like engines etc could be shared across lines. If someone wanted the snow division, it would have never happened. But textron wanted AC for the much more profitable dirt division.

I think most of us thought textron would have shut down the snow division or sold it off after the fact since it is so seasonal and high risk with minimal gain.
Yamaha could have but didn’t acquire AC as a whole and it’s understandable why they only wanted the snow division. Years later and the snowmobile market can’t help but wonder where Yamaha would have taken the AC snowmobile division? I wonder but impossible to know. So now I wonder when the final curtain falls which will happen unless Yamaha has a 4s engine for the Catalyst.

Were building our own chassis again. would be a excellent mission statement.
I am not sure why this is appealing? It is the last chassis they made themselves that drove most away in the end.
Really, when was the last time they where at the forefront of chassis development? 1984?
I am not saying they can't make a revolutionary chassis, but their track record isn't great.
It was (is) the motors that drove me to the Yamaha side.

I am not sure why this is appealing? It is the last chassis they made themselves that drove most away in the end.
Really, when was the last time they where at the forefront of chassis development? 1984?
I am not saying they can't make a revolutionary chassis, but their track record isn't great.
It was (is) the motors that drove me to the Yamaha side.
Exactly, everyone seems to think it was the switch to four strokes that started the decline for Yamaha.
It was the chassis, mostly starting with the RX one.
I actually liked the chassis in 1997 it was just as good as anything else at that time.

It would have solved the dealer problem that cat has though. I've been to both cat and big blue dealers. Not all of them sell both but some do.

It was fun while it lasted.
Screenshot_20230628-101848_Instagram.jpg

Back