• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Much talked about mach z sidewinder race

OK here's my $.02
First of all let's talk stock to stock equally studded. Cuz even modded Winders can get beat by MORE modded Winders.
Let's forget the Launch Control also cuz that takes specific studding & conditions.
The 900R Dynoed at 192, but we don't know if the "Break-In" was done or not.
Looks like there was another psi left out.
If this 900R gets that 1 more psi, will it be 200hp? WHO KNOWS
How good is the PEFI Dyno? WHO KNOWS

I KNOW THIS:
I weighed my new 900R full of gas & compared to my old Winder. Mach maybe heavier also due to shocks.
Both as equal as can be.
YES the Winder has an extra gallon and it was 72 pounds heavier.
I also used the HURRICANE speed calculator & i think the 900R should top out at 115ish maybe 119 if lucky.
That should put the Winder ahead on the Big End.
My first Winder topped out at 121 with ECOTRAIL. My 2nd Winder heavily tuned topped at 115, Ask FLEECER. He'll vouch for that.

IF the new R is 200 hp (and that's a BIG IF) does anyone here actually believe that a sled 70 lbs heavier with same horsepower is going to "BLOW AWAY" the other guy?
Is this an 1/8th mile race? 1/4 mile? Across the lake?

STOCK to STOCK boys

P.S: FLEECER doesn't count cuz he has 300 hp SRX geared for 150mph. But i'll be there after Xmas

OK here's my $.02
First of all let's talk stock to stock equally studded. Cuz even modded Winders can get beat by MORE modded Winders.
Let's forget the Launch Control also cuz that takes specific studding & conditions.

I KNOW THIS:
I weighed my new 900R full of gas & compared to my old Winder. Mach maybe heavier also due to shocks.
Both as equal as can be.
I also used the HURRICANE speed calculator & i think the 900R should top out at 115ish maybe 119 if lucky.
My first Winder topped out at 121 with ECOTRAIL. My 2nd Winder heavily tuned topped at 115, Ask FLEECER. He'll vouch for that.

IF the new R is 200 hp (and that's a BIG IF) does anyone here actually believe that a sled 70 lbs heavier with same horsepower is going to "BLOW AWAY" the other guy?

STOCK to STOCK boys

P.S: FLEECER doesn't count cuz he has 300 hp SRX geared for 150mph. But i'll be there after Xmas
T-Cat for the win.

OK here's my $.02

I KNOW THIS:
Both as equal as can be.

STOCK to STOCK boys

Always this, that or other...I didn't know the winder was purposely built for 300', 600', 1/8mile, 1/4mile, etc.
It's categorized as the fastest sled built. A true lake racer.
The only question I have is, can the Mach Z get around it on top?
Being 98cc bigger and larger lung, I'd say the Winder/T.C. has little to worry about.
My still stock winder went 122mph (speedo indicated) I'm not sweating the 900r...even a little bit.
Note: some sleds run the #'s & some don't. And that will hold true with the Mach Z.

Last edited:
I KNOW THIS:
Both as equal as can be.
This makes more sense as I had these notes from the yellow forum:

2018 Renegade 850X full gas and oil, 1.6 Ice Cobra with stock 5.7's and both runners 589lbs
2019 Renegade 850 XRS full gas and oil, 1.6 Ice Cobra with stock 5.7's and both runners 599lbs
2019 Renegade 900T XRS full gas and oil, 1.25 Ice ripper stock skis and runners 609lbs
2020 Renegade XRS 900T full gas and oil 1.5 Ice ripper stock skis and runners 616lbs
Longacre Digital racing scales

Don't think the Mach z will have the long legs of the Winder with top end, more of a very quick 300 to 1000ft sled, this is where the Winder will be tested, and Doo has already done that at their own testing site with a new Winder/T cat many times over, the Mach Z will be a fast trail sled for sure but not the torque and the easy tuning for more HP the Winder engine offers buyers.

OK here's my $.02

I KNOW THIS:
Both as equal as can be.

STOCK to STOCK boys

Don't forget the FX Nytro RTX SE is only 529 lbs with that heavy four-stroke engine in it!
Right out of the owners manual.

Keep in mind that Who cares about an old Apex.this lineup is between OEM real world STOCK machines not tuned, seems like lots of opinions are based on tuned Winders which do not count, now.. take a old so outdated turbo tuned heavy Apex tank and a tuned Winder in a 1000ft strip would be interesting, both being 998 turbo's. hmm:dunno:
Who cares about an Apex???

I put on 30 lbs of covid weight so that should help with traction!
:cool::p;)
baaahaa, very true best way forca winder to trim weight is the rider!!, the weight of yamaha sleds is getting old , thats all i herd about my apex when i had it from doo riding buddies, and now with the winder, i say who cares theclittle extra weight dont bother me never has, its minimal to me in the big picture, if someone can't handle a big boy sled sell it and ask ur wife to use hers! to me steering away from a yamaha because of weight is like sayin i didn't buy a lambo because i couldn't get it in the color i want!

This makes more sense as I had these notes from the yellow forum:

2018 Renegade 850X full gas and oil, 1.6 Ice Cobra with stock 5.7's and both runners 589lbs
2019 Renegade 850 XRS full gas and oil, 1.6 Ice Cobra with stock 5.7's and both runners 599lbs
2019 Renegade 900T XRS full gas and oil, 1.25 Ice ripper stock skis and runners 609lbs
2020 Renegade XRS 900T full gas and oil 1.5 Ice ripper stock skis and runners 616lbs
Longacre Digital racing scales
My test was this.
2022 900R Renegade 137" track with 96 pics up middle=622
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE 137" track with 96 picks up middle=694
Both sleds FULL of fluids, spare belt, no bags or tools on board.

Do i think the 72 pounds matter. NOPE..........ABSOLUTELY NOT
Keep in mind i'm talking about 2 Blokes trail riding then line up. No strapped up suspensions or 13'' wide tracks or 1'' speed tracks.
The Doo has better weight transfer & much more throttle response & maybe, just maybe gets to use launch control.

The worst part so far about the Doo is they haven't tapped into the ECU so they will mostly be STOCK this year.
I think there's less than 7 STOCK Winders out there. Maybe 8.

I think you guys are wrong on everyone has a tune winder or TCAT. Most of the dealers I talked to around here know of maybe one or 2 that are tuned for every 30 that are sold. Its not as many as everyone thinks...

Always this, that or other...I didn't know the winder was purposely built for 300', 600', 1/8mile, 1/4mile, etc.
It's categorized as the fastest sled built. A true lake racer.
The only question I have is, can the Mach Z get around it on top?
Being 98cc bigger and larger lung, I'd say the Winder/T.C. has little to worry about.
My still stock winder went 122mph (speedo indicated) I'm not sweating the 900r...even a little bit.
Note: some sleds run the #'s & some don't. And that will hold true with the Mach Z.
My ECOTRAIL Winder ran 122 GPS
119 stock
I think the SRX's were at around 124ish
Don't think the Mach z will have the long legs of the Winder with top end, more of a very quick 300 to 1000ft sled, this is where the Winder will be tested, and Doo has already done that at their own testing site with a new Winder/T cat many times over, the Mach Z will be a fast trail sled for sure but not the torque and the easy tuning for more HP the Winder engine offers buyers.
This is actually a very well spoken non Winder bashing statement from 20/80.
SEE............we CAN all get along

Back