• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MX Chest Protector vs Tekvest

It depends how tight fit your jacket are now. I am a XL guy at 5'10" and 220 lbs. I tought I would have to go up one jacket size but the TekVest did fit just nice underneat even when dressed for the freezing cold days. The TekVest fabric and protection material builds 10 mm on top of your clothing.

I wear a core saver vest from sixsixone. Very reasonably priced with a lot of back protection, especially covering your spine. Their product line can be viewed at www.sixsixone.com I had to go to a one size larger snowmobile jacket. It is breathable and does keep you warmer. I wear it over a turtle neck shirt.

I am 6'2" 285lbs and got the 3X KLIM vest and will never ride without one again. It is made by TekVest and it very nice. Two of my buddies were laying in the hospital and a neighbor totaled his sled in my bean field and tore his rotator cuff all within 24 hours last season. None of them had vests on, I ordered mine the next day. That next weekend I was in a ditch and cought a rock and my bars snapped me in the chest, didn't feel a thing. With out the vest it would have at least cracked a rib. You should buy the best gear you can afford, skip the pipe or stickers and get a good vest.

Bakemono said:
Im often the lead sled in my group and that sort makes me the "sacraficial lamb

Funny how that works... I ride with a bunch of cat and poo guys and I get hell for owning a yamaha but when it comes to it, going down the trail they all want to be behind me? I think about that kinda stuff while riding.

but back to the subject, I would invest in a tekvest, having that extra security is nice, I used one for 5 years now and I dont even realize its on, unless its not on then I dont feel comfortable riding, it gives me extra back support, the security that if something gets kicked up to me all my body parts are protected, plus I seem to ride harder, better, and more confident when its on also.

What about EMS they now have something similar to Tekvest. Wondering if anyone has experience with them (currently have a Tekvest)

one of my bud tryed on a evs vest an ripped the zipper open on it. he perchased a tekvest after. I have been wearing a tekvest for 11 years now and it has been great still like new with lots of miles of test.

Back