• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2011 Apex XTX +

Nice!! I was thinking about adding an extra set of wheels. I'll wait to see how the hyfax wears. I'm thinking about suspension next ,, those front shocks are none adjustable. I like being able to have some adjustability.

I want to put some miles on it first so I can determine what needs to be addressed. Can't wait !! :)

If you don't like those front shocks, sell them on eBay and grab some Float II's!!!!

Does anybody know if you can retrofit an XTX skid with Fox Float replacement shock?

FrostyNutz said:
Are you guys all using scratchers on the hard pack ? A temp gauge would have been nice rather than just a panic light.

Hey Frosty: I have scratchers on both my Mountain Viper and on my Attak. They are hyfax savers! I highly recommend them. On the Attak I use Slide Kicks, the cable scratchers. They work decent and no worries about breaking them backing up or whatever.

I have a digital temp guage on the Mt Viper and I love it. It's nice to know when you need to duck into some powder. It's also amazing how fast the engine temp drops once you do hit the pow. Sometime I'll install one on the Attak also.

^^ Good info , Thanks ! I'm a little dissapointed they gave us that idiot light again . At least with a gauge you can note how well your engine is being cooled at all times and ride accordingly.

Super Sled said:
If you don't like those front shocks, sell them on eBay and grab some Float II's!!!!

Does anybody know if you can retrofit an XTX skid with Fox Float replacement shock?

I was offered a set of Piggybacks off a 2010 Nytro xtx for 500 bucks. Not sure if they will be a good match of not . I still plan on giving these stockers a good workout before I make any judgements or decisions on upgrades.

I have no idea if the rear Float will work or not but i'm willing to measure for shits and giggles. Might be a nice upgrade ,,,,, it;s hard to beat Ohlins so i'm on the fence about suspension upgrades right now. We need some snow so I can stop planning upgrades and start burning gas LOL

Thanks Blue ! No I haven't looked into a lower windshield. My name came from riding a Rev for the last 7yrs so i'm looking forward to the protection this one will offer .

FrostyNutz said:
Super Sled said:

I was offered a set of Piggybacks off a 2010 Nytro xtx for 500 bucks. Not sure if they will be a good match of not . I still plan on giving these stockers a good workout before I make any judgements or decisions on upgrades.

I have no idea if the rear Float will work or not but i'm willing to measure for shits and giggles. Might be a nice upgrade ,,,,, it;s hard to beat Ohlins so i'm on the fence about suspension upgrades right now. We need some snow so I can stop planning upgrades and start burning gas LOL

Nytro shocks are slightly longer eye to eye then apex shocks so it will raise your front end & possibly mess with the geometry.

Oh snap ,, the salesman that sold me the sled said they were the same length . He is the guy selling them LOL . Oh well ,, scratch that idea !

Thanks for that Turk !

wow nice sled man....I was looking at one a few days ago at the local dealer just like it but the price on the windsheild was $14499

FrostyNutz said:
^^ Good info , Thanks ! I'm a little dissapointed they gave us that idiot light again . At least with a gauge you can note how well your engine is being cooled at all times and ride accordingly.

i just brought a 2010 vector ltx gt and imho there's no reason yamaha shouldn't have a temperature gauge on these. you have the sending unit, the processor and display already in place. i installed a shindy temp gauge but a nice factory setup is what it should have. i just read the other day it will give you barometric pressure...what the heck were they thinking?

YAMAHA ARE YOU LISTENING?

Yeah I saw that when I cycled through the display LMAO !! WHo gives a damn what the Baro pressure is if our coolant temp is climbing ? This simple function that already has the sensor in place should have been incorperated into the display . I would look at it a lot more than trip counters, Baro pressure etc etc

Speaking of the display pod ,,, how loose are they suppose to be ? I can tilt mine up and down like it's on soft rubber mounts . Is this correct ? Does it shake on the trail ? I'm being picky now but it seems a little loose imo.

Back