• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My letter to Yamaha Canada

All I can say is WOW. I hope I don't have the link problem !! Sucks that you did 3 times. I hope that it gets resolved for you. :o|

Wow, good read.

A word of caution, you catch more flys with honey then vinegar, and it is true in this case too.

I called Yamaha and they were really nice to me on the phone. I phoned about the overheating and the hard starting, on this past Wednesday actually.

Anyways, dealer says Yamaha called him and said order all parts, including free tunnel covers.

I have never had my link break, and I live in Thompson Manitoba, the sled does get used here. I love to take little jumps off the moguls in the ditches, and I LOVE to pull WHEELIES with that bottom end torque. I get my front end up there, and sometimes it does come down a little harder then I anticipated, but nothing stupid, I try to ease it down.

Still, for those nice groomed trails this machines a blast, well most machines are. But I don't really like riding the moguls, but the machine does soak up most of the bumps. I have had it bottom on harder bumps, but it is a GT. And I am 6ft, 230 lbs with gear.

Still I do enjoy it. As for the link, I have read about it but before it didnt concern me, now it does, 4 times!?. Is this Link issue a FX thing? Or all Phazers?

-Steve

i have to agree with you. im about to write a letter myself. i also broke link #2 today at 20 miles on the new one. "EDIT"mine does get riden hard but its not supposed to break like that and this time i wasnt bottoming out when i was landing.

SkiHiFX114,

I edited your post for language, consider this your warning. Please keep in mind this is a family board with young eyes viewing it.

Wow your letter really strikes a cord with me and I feel your frustration.I feel we Phazer owners were test mules for the FX Nitro.seems to me they did that one right.Looking at it from Yamahas point of view they know they built something very close to a Lemon for alot of us.Alot of the dealers feel same way by now since its a huge headache for them also.But we have to stick with it and make it right since none of us really can afford the hit we would have to take if we sell.At least I cant.Little update by little update we are getting the sled we paid for.It is very hard and in your case dangerous to work through these issues but progress is being made.Everyone who does have issues does need to keep complaining nicely to thier dealer.Its not thier fault remember and they dont get paid near enough for the warrantee work believe me.Or to Yamaha they have to come around.I hear you though.Major pain.But nothing compared to what you have gone through.Good Luck.

Isthatahemi_ said:
Yamaha Warranty Canada

This sled is an embarrassment and I am extremely disappointed with it. More so, I am disappointed at a lack of willingness from the Yamaha Warranty Dept to remedy these issues.

I will be replacing this machine at the end of this year, and due to a complete lack of product support, I will be going with another brand.
We'll see what happens.....

I feel for you, as those kind of things just shouldn't happen, other than the icing I've not seen many other issues with the ones around here. I'm currious as to were you bought it, as I buy all my YAMAHA's From Dubios Marine & Power Sports. Which is now Red River Yamaha, and they sure try hard to please ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. I would being taking this up with the Dealership at which you bought this, only then when you are not satisfied with them go to our CDN SALES REP / Gary , then our Warranty Rep / Peter Forman and if all else fails then try Scott Harrison @ Yamaha Canada /#416-498-1911. Your dealership needs to work with you here on this, there are some GREAT DEALERSHIPS out there and some not I'am afraid.

If you need some help here, PM me and I'll see what I can do to get you headed in the right direction. Yamaha builds a great product, you just seem to have gotten off to a really bad start.

I have had pretty much the same experience. The dealer has been good but all he gets is "yeah" do this and do that from yamiee. But then they hold the parts and basically put their hands in their pockets. I find this downright disgusting. Two months my phazer is at the dealer, parts are now backordered into jan and the dealer could get nowhere. Finally he just welded the link and said when he finally gets the parts he'd call me. Fed up with the system is all I can say. When I asked for the regional rep he gave me the number only to call him and get told I'm not suppose to call him and just deal with my dealer. He didn't have time for me basically. I will be the first to say I have a long fuse but this is silly and yamaha is just standing back and letting there name go to poop.

Crewchief47 said:
SkiHiFX114,

I edited your post for language, consider this your warning. Please keep in mind this is a family board with young eyes viewing it.

??? what did i say? if i swore it doesnt edit its self?? i dont remember. though i know im mad about that so it wouldnt have surprised me :o|

So Yamaha's reply to my new dealer was that they would fix:
-Icing with free rear panels (we'll see....)
-Cold start with ECU and spring
-Update my entire rear skid to 2008 specs!!!
-Airbox update
-Steering update
-New starter and reduction drive
If this all works out, maybe I'll get 4000 - 5000 more miles this year.

Nice to hear they are doing something...new dealer? You went to someone else? What's different about the specs in the suspensions?

Grimm said:
Nice to hear they are doing something...new dealer? You went to someone else? What's different about the specs in the suspensions?

New dealer. Many different parts different on the 2008's related to the fatiging front skidframe link. Billit link and all associated hardware.

i just received my sled back from the dealer, all the updates are done, ecu, springs, steering, airbox, and the side panels, which are the same ones that are on the 08's but only the rear section, still going to close off the tunnel though

Back