• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My list for the Perfect APEX...

i guess the Apex is perferct the way it is.. i give up.. i'll do it myself..

i guess the Apex is perferct the way it is.. i give up.. i'll do it myself..
Yep exactly what I'm trying to advise you the Apex die is cast for 16-18 no TY posting going to change that in the short term product development much longer timetable. Express your wants, needs & exchange tech info but don't expect Yamaha to react to random posts on TY jap.biz just not run that way.

Sissy, the point of this is more of a wish list. I can see your very passionate about Yamaha as are the rest of us are. I can tell you I understand why you don’t change every other year into something new. The more something changes the more it is the same. With that being said being unchanged for too long markets changes as well as customers. I’m sure we have all bought something wishing we could improve on it. My main message to Yamaha would be fuel capacity. I am unable to go over 100 miles between tanks and with the rear muffler set-up cannot easily carry extra fuel. (This I would think, without knowing could be an easy fix)
Handling issues or just wanting to be competitive in HP with your friends. Top end they all chase me, 0-75mph I am chasing them. I would not trade my machine 2011 Apex XTX as I love it. However I added things I wish came from the factory.
As far as the Arctic Cat joint merger I am not really impressed with that either with the other quality issues.
Hope your day is better and Jesus H can’t help, he has bigger issues helping the other big 3 then Yamaha. :jump:
Less than 100 miles per tank? What year? Does my 06 have a bigger tank than newer ones? I believe mine is 10g. I get 120-130 mi per tank ,trail riding.

i have a 12 (smaller tank) and always get more then 100 miles out of a tank and i ride as hard as the conditions will allow so i dont know why you are getting less. maybe wide open down a loooong rr bed but even then i doubt it woud be that low.

Last edited:
Here is what I would like to see:

Redesign the rear skid so a set of hyfax last 2-3,000 miles. Not dupont, a regular set.
Better shock calibrations from the factory
12 gallon fuel tank
Redesign exhaust components so they are stronger and no longer need exhaust donuts
Higher seat similar to WRP.

I'd rather see a newer chassis that is more rider forward but if the current chassis must stay the above changes will do.

Less than 100 miles per tank? What year? Does my 06 have a bigger tank than newer ones? I believe mine is 10g. I get 120-130 mi per tank ,trail riding.
Tank smaller due to eps requirements that had to do to tank wall thickness.... my 2012 Apex XTX is 9 USA gallons + but gets 15 mpg so no sweat with 120 mile range based on 8 gallons. I understand the desire for a larger tank but with improved mpg keeps us even with older Apex range. I never have seen any Apex do less than 112 mile range new or old but maybe could be 100 mile range running wot in deep snow for entire tank.

I am a very aggressive rider and also a heavy rider (300+ lbs with gear) I on average I get 12 mpg, were are my buddy’s Doo ETec 800 get around 15-16 mpg consistently. I guess in hindsight I could go 110 miles however at 75-80 my light is on fuel light is on. Where I live and ride there are times that if I am north (copper harbor) and its late (8pm) I am SOL for fuel. Now I will be adding a more aggressive track 1.75” back country, I don’t see my MPG improving. Still love my sled.

I am a very aggressive rider and also a heavy rider (300+ lbs with gear) I on average I get 12 mpg, were are my buddy’s Doo ETec 800 get around 15-16 mpg consistently. I guess in hindsight I could go 110 miles however at 75-80 my light is on fuel light is on. Where I live and ride there are times that if I am north (copper harbor) and its late (8pm) I am SOL for fuel. Now I will be adding a more aggressive track 1.75” back country, I don’t see my MPG improving. Still love my sled.
Dont know what length track you have on what model apex?... but I have 144 ice ripper on my 2012 Apex Xtx & gas milage is better than my 2007 Attak Gt with studs & 136. I hear you on gas availability since I ride Iron county MI a lot then back to Phelps WI & range is inportant in the boonies. Sounds like the 2016 Apex xtxle would be the sled for you & your area.....too much track for me & WI conditions.

Most people I've talked to says something between the Apex & Viper is what the new Apex, or what ever its going to be called, should be!
Little more higher seating, little more rider forward, but not crazy, lighter, which would make it perform much better too with the same motor, big enough tank to go 125 miles without a problem, good headlights & great front & rear suspensions!

Here is me an my Sled, 2011 XTX
IMG_1283.JPG

Wow! my light comes on at about 90 to 100 miles. I have from that point about 30 to 40 miles to empty best estimate. I had 30 miles after light and still had about 3 liters left guesstimate upon fill up, hard running on that ride. 90 miles was the earliest I ever saw the light come on. I know I can do 120 miles pushing it. 140 if Im a bit easier on it.

I'm a tad heavier then you by 50 pounds or so and the worst I've got is with 50pds of gear touring. At fill ups I'm about a liter more then the Viper and 1200 Doo's but they have more range with their larger tanks.

Most people I've talked to says something between the Apex & Viper is what the new Apex, or what ever its going to be called, should be!
Little more higher seating, little more rider forward, but not crazy, lighter, which would make it perform much better too with the same motor, big enough tank to go 125 miles without a problem, good headlights & great front & rear suspensions!

I already have this with the changes I have made to my Attak.
-Boss Seat + 3 - 4"
-Muffin Works bar riser
-weight reduced 50 + pounds
-range easily 130+[06 + 07 Apex have slightly larger tanks]
-Sled Start HID headlights
-Fox Float air shocks with HyGear dual chamber canisters up front and Mega Float mono in the rear
Apex Boss seat 003.JPG

Back