• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My new Phazer and some questions

yamafarm

Extreme
I am new to the world of Snowmobiles. I just got me a Phazer GT this past Saturday. I found this site before I bought and found it quite helpful.
I have been riding a SD 550 MXZ fan and I can tell this thing will eat it's lunch. I love my Phazer but have some Questions:

1. Do the tunnel protectors help with this thing throwing snow on me. I am trying to get the Mothership(Yamaha) to sent me a set for free cause this is the one thing I just hate about this sled.

2.does anybody have the tunnle bag on? I ordered one but have not seen one outside of the 'net.

3. Am I the only guy who takes crap for buying a Phazer? Sure it's got "bold styling" to say the least but to me a ATV/Dirtbike guy in my youth I felt right at home on this thing like being on my old big bore blaster back in the day.

Love this site has been very helpful and was a big factor in my buying a Phazer.

Later,
Will

Attachments

• 100_2876.jpg
    100_2876.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 78

Sled looks good, ahhh it take time for people to really see they are a great machine :)

I have seen some guys just tap a plate right over the hole, I don't know if that will hinder performance, but might be worth a try..

MC-X, could you guys give me some info on this please. I need to do something about this hole. I go way deep into the backwoods and my pants freeze to the tunnel and foot area cover in snow and no grip. I need something bad, Lenny

Mcx = turbokit. They have closed the hole with a 2mm aluminum plate. I have done the same thing on mine. No problem after I did this mod.

1st pic is a mc-express turbocharged phazer and second picture is of my fx.

Attachments

• closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 59
  • mcx turbo.jpg
    mcx turbo.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 54
" like being on my old big bore blaster back in the day. "

EXACTLY how it felt to me too!!! funny....

Of course this sled will flat outrun the blaster that I had. and it was a hottie.
LRD 280 kit
LRD pipe
LRD Head work
Light flywheel
Boyseen reeds
reedspacer
bigbore carb.
250R front end
hyd brakes
250R rear shocks.

I loved that old girl. But I have to say I like my sled much more.

Later,
Will

Back