• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Simons CPR Attak on dyno, WOW

:) like need for speed 2 said, just do it, no more compressor stall

if you want to spend the money, the bypass valves works fine, there just not a necessary expense. to those who want a bolt on answer, we have a jig for our intercoolers to modify them to except these bypass valves as a bolt on application, instead of having to cut and weld the intercooler yourself, if people are interested, just call me or send in your intercooler with a note. but like i said, its like extra head gaskets, rods or pistons.....not necessary. jeff

visegrip it has been quite some time and we have not heard anything back about what you have found out about the knapp/cpr turbo you bought. Any speed run results or drag results or trail miles results to enlighten us as ot the up nord style torture test.

ptm

I talked to JD Fri. night. He said everything was great and he had the fastest seld on Thurs. and Fri. Boost was only at 14 lbs and RPM's down to 10200. Lower altitude he had a few more pounds of boost and RPM. The Cyberdyne gauge took a crap on him Fri. A stage 2 blower was not far behind with 18 lbs. boost, and making him nervous. Sat. was the money day and I have not takled to him since. JD, let us know how Sat went! Did the gauge come back to life or did it go bad? We need to know how it went. Mike

sorry ok here is finall story . never got beat on satrday either sled is fast 1500 drag races . 143-146mph on dream meter. buddies supercharger is real close . cyberdyne gauge never came back to life ,new one on the way and will get old out for repair . really impressed with this turbo did roll ons with some other turbos also but could'nt get ahead of me . conditions by saturday where down to chewed up ice , i played catch up all day . next year i will have a 1 inch track on with 1.32 chizel studs in it which should be good for all conditons. sled has a 1 1/4 track now with 1.32 megabites on it which is a fine trail track but no good if ya get into some hard packed icy conditions.

the best i could get was 14 lbs of boost at 2500 elevation . probably 15 ish down here at sea level . guys were really impressed how it had no lag . cpr sells a great turbo kit and having mike knapp do the install is a perfecrt combo. now in 72 more payments it will be all mine.

CPR's kit works very well. I have a bender rear mount and JD would pull 5 sled lengths on me before I had spooled. I was running 19lbs until my intercooler cracked again :o| and I would need 2500' to catch him.

jd, glad to hear your doing well, as for your buddys supercharger, are you saying your buddy is running 4 more pounds of boost than you (14 psi turbo vs 18 psi supercharger) are and he still can't beat you? jeff

SIMONS CPR said:
jd, glad to hear your doing well, as for your buddys supercharger, are you saying your buddy is running 4 more pounds of boost than you (14 psi turbo vs 18 psi supercharger) are and he still can't beat you? jeff

The supercharged attack was not working properly so it would spike to 15lbs, but it would only hold 11lbs.

SIMONS CPR said:

buddies superchager was first weekend out .still some bugs.his boost gauge went for a crap every now and then but i beleive he had the 18bls pulleys on . he has a stock motor once he gets dialed should be good . and as for dc5 if he could have kept boost ???????maybe

Back