• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My woody's well what's left

Paraclete

Expert
I pulled my skis off today getting ready to put the sled away.

This is what my woody's look like. I have about 2k on them also have 192 studs in my track

So my questions are
repair (if possible )
replace
or change to something else.

any suggestions?

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Do the ski shim mod and install new carbides. Hopefully you will get some wear into the rear of the carbide with the shim in place.

OK let's just pretend I have no idea what the shim mod is LOL

I was going to mount scratchers on my skis will that help or make it worse?

haha i travel very little on the roads I am lucky that i can ride right from my house.

Any reccomendations on carbide length?

Carbide length will depend on studded or non studded track, driving style and trail conditions that you drive in the most.
I personally would go no less than 6" carbide.

X2 on shimming. As far as skegs, get a set of Bergstrom triples. They out last other skegs three to one.

that is about the life of thos carbides i put on snow trackers 2000 miles ago and the still look almost new hardly any wear yet ant handles like a dream no shims needed. I highly recomend them.

I have 192 studs on ice ripper track
Ride a lot of narrow twisty trails and am NOT very aggressive. I would say average rider.

so probably 6-8"?

yox185 said:
X2 on shimming. As far as skegs, get a set of Bergstrom triples. They out last other skegs three to one.

8" with the ice ripper track.

Back