• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mystery Helix

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
At the end of last season I bought some clutch parts from Ron Ward at High-Tech mechanical. I never got to run the helix and then forgot about it. But there's no marks on it except for a Dalton part number 2405 on it. And he really wouldn't say what specs it was. Just trying to figure it out before trying it out this season. If anyone knows what angles it is please let me know.

Put a angle finder on it.. Measure it in different spots on the ramp, this will tell you if its straight angle or a progressive>like the angle changes on the ramp from top to bottom of ramp.. Ramp on helix is where the rollers move up and down as the clutch shifts.

Put a angle finder on it.. Measure it in different spots on the ramp, this will tell you if its straight angle or a progressive>like the angle changes on the ramp from top to bottom of ramp.. Ramp on helix is where the rollers move up and down as the clutch shifts.
I will do that thank you.

Decades ago when tuners first started offering clutch kits, I found it infuriating when the one and only clutch kit I ever bought came with unmarked helixs and mystery spring specs that the vendor would not release. Since that first experience I have always purchased individual components with known specs or custom parts made to my specs from vendors like Dalton.

Decades ago when tuners first started offering clutch kits, I found it infuriating when the one and only clutch kit I ever bought came with unmarked helixs and mystery spring specs that the vendor would not release. Since that first experience I have always purchased individual components with known specs or custom parts made to my specs from vendors like Dalton.
I agree I bought it along with many others last year when I was working on my clutching. I plan on trying some other combinations this year so I figured I'd run it by everyone on here. I'm going to put my angle finder on it and see what it looks like.

Another method. More info with pics.

Back