• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally made it to the game...

Buy the wrap with adhesive backing - clean rubber w lacquer thinner/acetone/brake clean. Stays on very well for years.
Great to hear!I got the hose & tape warm & used mild detergent to clean rubber off. I kinda formed hose to it's new natural state as I applied tape. It seems as thou it sticks to itself better than the rubber. All in all, it looks good.
I have a cool idea about an exit strategy (lol) I'll post picks when it's finished. You'll love it.

Hey Mike, do you have any problems with that tape around hose, coming off?
The reason I ask is I have an interior headliner spray, that once applied it will never come off. Super tacky....

That hose held up well actually, but has since been replaced by some black 5/8" fuel hose. The end of that clear braided reinforced hose was getting pretty crispy on the end from the heat of the exhaust from the muffler.

I use no heat tape at all on the new 5/8" black fuel line and it performs just fine.

Yes, it's easier to click the "order" button.
Have faith, that everything's going to be ok.
IMG_20221213_110323634_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Last edited:
1/4 of the price of the "order button"
Parts and labor $600. that includes 1800° heat wrap & Aluminum shield ($150) As long as fabricator hits the mark for allotted time.
Wish I could find a factory shield, it is what it is.

Last edited:
So, I was able to find an aluminum reducer (ROV delete) and slip the end thru the hole next the chaincase.
IMG_20221215_062539210_copy_1536x2048.jpg
IMG_20221215_090353453_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Last edited:
So, I was able to find an aluminum reducer (ROV delete) and slip the end thru the hole next the chaincase.

JT,
I wouldn't put it there myself. See how its pointing forward? If you put the line exit out of the footwell on the right of the footrest the exhaust will keep it heated and keep it from freezing up. Also, be certain it has a 45 degree angle towards the rear as it drags thru the deep snow the vapor coming out of it has an escape. I've seen some guys freeze the end up putting it in other exit places, not using a rearward angle, and by using too small of line.

I'm not sure what you mean by a aluminum reducer as it should just be 5/8" line coming from the outlet and all the way down. If you use 1/2" line you risk a freeze up more so than the 5/8", dont reduce the 5/8' line!

I tried 1/2" line once as it took up less room and is easier to get, but came very close to freezing it up, didn't think it would be an issue with the warm vapor coming out, but for whatever reason the 1/2" line almost froze up on me.

JT,
I wouldn't put it there myself. See how its pointing forward? If you put the line exit out of the footwell on the right of the footrest the exhaust will keep it heated and keep it from freezing up. Also, be certain it has a 45 degree angle towards the rear as it drags thru the deep snow the vapor coming out of it has an escape. I've seen some guys freeze the end up putting it in other exit places, not using a rearward angle, and by using too small of line.

I'm not sure what you mean by a aluminum reducer as it should just be 5/8" line coming from the outlet and all the way down. If you use 1/2" line you risk a freeze up more so than the 5/8", dont reduce the 5/8' line!

I tried 1/2" line once as it took up less room and is easier to get, but came very close to freezing it up, didn't think it would be an issue with the warm vapor coming out, but for whatever reason the 1/2" line almost froze up on me.
Oh hell....I'll fix it. Ty, Mike...
I somehow forgot about the freezing.

Seriously....I'll be glad when this is over. I just want to ride....
Snows coming down. I want to try my tunes, but now I have to deal with getting muffler fabbed up as he will be holding my stock muffler hostage. And probably need my sled to tack things up.

I hate doing it, I guess I'll need to apply some pressure at this point. Lol.

Finally got to fixin' this fire hazard. (Dealer did the first few oil changes) Cleaned everything up with acetone & heated plastic up with heat gun. In hopes it would adhere. It's solid.

IMG_20221215_093714205_copy_2048x1536.jpg

IMG_20221215_095708514_copy_1536x2048.jpg

First ride: Max spool 16sm
Made 5-6,7,8 good shakedown runs up to 100mph. Never pulled much more than 3/4 throttle. What was left to the bar was negligible. Whatever?!?!
Guessing 1500ft including shutdown.
Outside temp 19° F
Primary 132°
Secondary 72°
Belt 117°
These clutch & belt temps went up 10°+ after a few more passes. 8jp belt
[ ] Engine 173-177°F
[ ] 15.8+/-psi
[ ] IAT's 58 °+/-
Skis get flighty in the mid range. Was the only thing I observed.
Pic was is the deepest powder I could find 3"+/-. Lol.
IMG_20221219_125806373_copy_2048x1536.jpg

Last edited:

Back