• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mystery Oil

steiner

Staff member
Working on 2 Apex this weekend. Both have been parked since 2017. Both were serviced by myself in 2016 and driven that season. Oil changes, chaincase oil, grease, etc..
Both now have no oil the the tank. No obvious signs of of leaks anywhere. Oil tanks are not cracked. WTH

That is weird. I just replaced the PCV breather hose because it was very apparent that I had an oil leak.

It’s most likely the oil is all in the engine. It happened to me a couple of times after summer storage. Don’t know why.

Interesting. Thats never happened to my Attak over the years. Once I get some batteries in these sleds I attempt to start them and see where this mysterious oil is.

Ya it happened to my 2015 xtx. No oil on the dipstick after storage but no evidence of a leak so I took a chance and started it. No oil light came on so I shut it down and oil level was back to normal.

It's all in the engine. There is a 1 way check valve that is supposed to hold the oil in the tank, but have seen them leak by. Start it and run it, the oil will recirculate back to the tank correctly!

Back