• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Myth or Fact

Many of us know better than to change the hyfax right after the initial rapid wear occurs. However many more change the hyfax much too early when they see the rapid initial wear.

I leave mine on until i can press on the bottom side with my finger and the plastic feels like its about to shred off..you can run them very thin for a long time, but one piece of gravel or something could rip it apart. It would be nice if they wouldnt wear down so thin and then be fine. I like a little thickness to protect a big investment of the skid.

RX1Jim said:
The heat and cooling process to make the hyfax last longer is a complete load of crap. This process would only be effective on a material which would undergo a chemical or structural change. This heating and cooling process will have NO effect on either the chemical or structure of the plastic. Old wives tale with no scientific basis. Don't waste your time or money.

I have to agree with heat and cooling thing its a crock!

hasnt anyone ever seen plastic melt, it gets smooth and shiney and slippery... and it it also seems obvious to me that the slides will stop wearing so fast when they get to the point where the bogies are taking pressure off of them, again less pressure less friction [on the slide]! do both and worry about something more important like "when is yamaha gonna give us a turbo!" :o|

Must be some truth to the heat-em and cool-em theory. Buy a set of Supper Slippery slides and read the directions for break in. That is exactly what they say to do. I have used them for years, and they are the hardest material I have ever seen in a hifax.

Back