• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Myth to Bust Phazer VS MXZ X 440

Website
www.snowcross.com
hey everyone still fairly new to this site. Me and my brother have always ran skidoo in snocross and never received any support whatsoever. This year we got offered a chance to get the new yamaha phazer into snowcross. Since day one we have been shot down on how the phazer will never work it doesent stand a chance .Well to everyone that said that it wouldent work thanks for all the discouraging comments and replys and to everyopne who helped with helpfull tips and suggestiosn thank your very much. After two weeks of solid testing . we ran into a few little issues we beefed up the suspension and the tunnel ws starting to give over 85 foot tripples :). We now have the sleds fully dialed and ready for the first race . IU will keep everyone informed on how the machine holds up. AS FOR THE BUSTING MYTH HERE GOES

2007 mxz x 440 mild clutch work fresh engine
Vs
2008 yamaha phazer Ulmer clutch kit 1.5 freeride track woodys 48 studs
Vs
2003 mxz x 440 fresh completely stock

----First off the 2003 440 against the Phazer up to 78 mphw 3 times in a row the phazer had a sled length off the line pulled 2 length mid range and stay 3 lengths ahead till the 440 toped out not a chance

----Second race
-- 2007 Mxz x 440 again mild clutch work fresh championship winner last year in sport
raced 4 times i wanted to get him

off the line he would get not even a full sled length on me then i would pull him helf a sled length midrange and then again stayed the same until the good old 440 geared right out for snowcross topped out . WOW I lost half a sled length i think i lost it in the fact that he has more studs and a little bit mor aggresive track

So again to all the yami gurus DO NOT let a doo s*it talker tell you a pohazer is junk and has no chance . you can say all the comments you want i have 10 witnesses that watched this . :4STroke: KEEP THE FAITH and im sure we will have a few issues throughout the season but i am 100 percent sure there will be many podiums CHEERS

Strange how the Phazer has 30 less HP and a ton more weight and can win like that.

I don't think the 440s were setup properly.

its not weird at all Ofcourse there has to be a doo guy say yah right.Why dont you beleave it? why would i open my mouth if it wasent true, And second of all why are you on a yamaha website if you have no faith. Also clearly you have no idea about hp different the 440s have 101 hp and a phazer with mild mods like mine is 85 hp 80 stock with double the torque of the 440. As for weight whats the different like 15 pounds? oh but wait the 440 has more tuds and a bigger track 1.75 so thee 10 of the different .And last but not least READ THE POST, The 07 440 won the championship last year in sport. NOT SETUP :moon:

yah my brother is in junior 1 and im running sport 500 and 600 just for practice i dont expect to touch the front 600 guys 500 ill do good tho forsure,Ive raced skidoos for the past years and i got the opertunity to run a yamaha and couldent turn it down. Skidoo is nothign special they fell apart everyweekend its people hate change and they dont like to see anyone else do well on others. Yamaha is wicked they are all for getting the 4 stroke in snocross and completly stand behind there race program

Them Phazers will beat them ski-doo, polaris, cat 440-500. The frist year of the 4-Stroke Phazer, my nefu Kris Eichenberg won the high points Semi-Pro 500 with that phazer. He won Semi-Pro 500 at Drummond Island, MI.. That was stock gearing, cluthing. it was stock. With a little more work it could have been faster.

Attachments

• kris ckger_559.jpg
    kris ckger_559.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
I wasn't doubting you, just thought it was weird. Phazer dry is 487#'s Mxzx is 435#

Mxzx has 100+ HP Phazer has 80.

I guess the torque makes up for more than I thought.

Are you racing in North bay at all this season ?

I rode with a TNT 600 last year all day and it never could pull me even on river wfo for miles.I know the Phazer dream meter is off but he claimed he was doing 95mph mine said 80mph and I was ahead and pulling.I think BRP has something wrong with getting the claimed power to the track so they just try to make thier buyers feel better by puting on totally bogus speedos.It probably also has something to do with thier big mpg claims.He also used more gas than me!

my brother had a 04 mxz600x and I raced him and I would stay right with him till about 65 mph and he would pull about a couple of sled lengths. Now he has a nytro xtx man that thing wants to pull your arms off. no chance against him now.

Back