• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

N2O and rev limiter?

Does anyone know what happens when the engine, on an apex, hits the rev limiter? Does it cut fuel, spark, or both? I'm curious because I'm using a wet N2O kit and if it cuts just spark or both fuel and spark that should be no problem. If it cuts fuel and not spark then we have a big problem LEAN OUT and possible engine burn down if the engine bumps the limiter for an extended period of time.

I always believed it was spark that was cut out by a rev limiter.. Anyone ??

Cuts the spark, and will give you a slight pop sound on the bottle. Hit this many times and still no problems, but you don't want this to hit all the time. I usually hit the rev limiter when I have loose snow conditions.

jminor1 said:
at what rpm does it cut out and is it the same on an rx?

There is a number(11200?), but it seems people have revved the motor higher on the tach.....

11,200 rpm is the rev limiter on a stock machine with stock ECU/CDI. Same on RX-1.

Thanks Guys

Yamaha did it right then. I have a supercharged mustang, and when it hits the limiter it cuts fuel but not the spark so it leans out big time if U spray with a wet kit.

Back