• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need 7 miles an hour more!

kinsound

Extreme
OK I need some help!
I have an 03 rx1 that is clutched(heavy Hitters)(I am running 10.2k rpm ),K&N Kit from freddie
ripsaw track (144)studs, Monoshock with EC Ohlins dropped 1 tooth on gear

with poor conditions I am getting a true 90.2 on GPS
My buddys got an apex rtx with many mods. I am side by side and sometimes in front by inches until we hit 75 mph then he starts walking away and gets me by 4-5 sled lengths. his top is 96.5 with same conditions

any suggestions to get me 7-10 mph more on the top without NOS , turbo or supercharger????
:o|
Thanks

The stock gearing for the 03 RX-1 is 38/24 with a 70 link chain, if yours is different it might be geared lower killing your top speed.

BURMAD69 said:
Put your pro action and stock track back in and you'll run away from him. Of course it'll ride like poop.

My 05 with the mono and ripsaw runs with or ahead of most apex's...

Look at your clutching. I run mine at 10500 with stock gearing.

10,500 go with an overdrive clutch and leave the gear or maybe go down 1 more. If you have the stock helix it is straight cut and will hurt you in loose snow also. Try a multi angle helix I just went though the same thing with mine and the multi angle made a big difference well I think it did my buttons where also worn down to the aluminum I am down 2 teeth with overdrive replaced helix and it turns quicker in the middle etc seems to be better in any amount of snow cant wait to see it on a hard packed trail its not really supposed to help much on ice or prefect conditions just when there is snow

Back