• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a little more Zip out of her Rage

sleddheadd

TY 4 Stroke God
anybody have suggestions for getting a little more zip out of my wifes Rage? are there decent clutch kits out there? what about an air intake kit? We were running with 3 apex's and 2 rx's last week and she said she just felt like she was pushing a little harder than she wanted too, thus we are looking for a small upgrade in some part of the machine.
Thanks for your suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_0681 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0681 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0745 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0745 (Small).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 49

Mark,

I think ulmer has some great clutch kits for the rs sleds... i remember ryan (pro116) raving about his clutch kit, and i think he got it from ulmer.

See you next weekend.

From all the scuttlebutt I hear the airbox mods aren't that effective on the RS series.......ditto aftermarket filter kits.......I was checking for my Nytro and decided it wasn't worth it.

Clutching and maybe some exhaust is supposedly more effective.

YMMV!!

Stay away from any modifications to the air box. The stock air box flow works about the best as you are gonna get on the 120. Any disruption is going to hurt performance.

ragefarmer said:
buy her an apex you cheap p----
LMAO!!!! I tried to get her an apex but she insisted on the rage! We were in the showroom and she said that was the sled she wanted! lol......

My 08 hangs with the 4 bangers and sometimes beats them up to 90 mph....mybe you guys just need to slow down on the rr beds cause thats the only place the r1 is gonna dominate...sure won't be runnin away in the twisties....Just my experiance, we run an ape ltx, my vector 121 gt and the 2 ladies on there 05 rages in our group and the "ladies " ain't never more than seconds behind at most on long runs. BTW we ride harder than most and have many 200 and one 310 mile days so far this year.

So I guess what i am saying is live with the 120 and if'n that don't work get the 4 banger

Clutch Kit

I just installed an Ulmer Stage 2 kit on my Vector and it works
great! Much more low and mid range snap. Probably the
best upgrade for the 120 Genesis motor.

tell her to stop worrying about deer jumping out in front of her and get on the throttle already!

faster

If she doesn't want to run WOT then mods won't help. Sounds like she just doesn't want to run that fast.

Back