• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEED A MOTOR!

Ruggybuggy said:
Everything went really well at the border and I've already scrubed up the patient in preperasion for the heart surgery which will comence after work tomorrow.

Good deal ;)!

Sent ya' a PM

Porkchop's sled went under the knife tonight. Took two hours to get it to this state. There is actually a wager going at work if I'll have it up and running by Saturday morning.

BEFORE

IMG_0496%255B1%255D.JPG

AFTER

Should take another 1/2 hour to get it dropped out.

IMG_0497%255B1%255D.JPG

My baby!!!!

That's Yammy oil with only 5-600 miles on it, still good & hey can you send back my gopro mount on that tail section :tg:
Getting it done, nice.

You'll see that once that engine is out, the rest of the teardown goes fairly fast and reduced to nothing.

I sent your way another TY'er that needs a few parts.

I can see the bent spindle. She got whacked bad, looks like a banana! Porkchop, just be consoled that she'll be donating her innards to make other sleds rideable again and their owners happy. Oh, and Ruggy, be sure to put in your Kijiji ad "Lowballers will be ignored". I had a guy offer $40 shipped to Toronto for the fan. I hate lowballers.

Yeah from the looks it appears to be minor, Excell's did 2 hours of estimating. Totaled $2700 in just parts ranging from bars/ switches, top plastic, steering stem down to the spindle then add in like 9-10 hours of labor they figured...

One thing I can say, FLIP your gauge bracket over and lower it on the bar riser- save yourself some $$$, they aren't cheap!
Mine was cradled in between the different Yammy windshield brackets and never broke- the brackets all tweeked.
Funny thing, it went into reverse WAY better after the accident :o|

Alot of good stuff left so I'm glad it's going to better use than the insurance company hauling it away & being crushed to make a Cadillac or whatever they do with 'em.

If the side panels are in good shape and you are willing to ship to Newfoundland price pending I'm interested! PM if you are!

Thanks for referring me moose. It just so happens that ruggy is an hour and a half away
So hopefully i can get some stuff from him and save shipping. I can always use an excuse to go to the lake of the woods brewery for lunch!

gumbellion said:
I can always use an excuse to go to the lake of the woods brewery for lunch!

The beer tastes like horse pi$$. I'm not kinding, it's really that bad. I own the Napa Auto Care that's kitty corner from them.

Hey Porkchop. If you think the GoPo mount will come off in a friendly way I'll mail it back to you.

I did notice that your sled goes into reverse very easily. Goes in almost every time and works much better than mine. Strange it took an end over to fix it??

I would flip my gauge but I have a windshield bag and it prevents me from flipping it but I do have an extra one now. ;)!

Da Yammie said:
If the side panels are in good shape and you are willing to ship to Newfoundland price pending I'm interested! PM if you are!

I won't know until after the weekend what parts will be available.

Just about. Im using Porkchop's skis so I'm changinging the plastics over to match. I didn't know if I had mixed my antifreeze and my tester is at work so couldn't put the coolant in. Still have to set the toe, get the plastics on and set the clutch offset. Starting to look like a sled again. Im a little picky so I won't ride it until its perfect.

Ruggybuggy said:
Hey Porkchop. If you think the GoPo mount will come off in a friendly way I'll mail it back to you.

I did notice that your sled goes into reverse very easily. Goes in almost every time and works much better than mine. Strange it took an end over to fix it??

I would flip my gauge but I have a windshield bag and it prevents me from flipping it but I do have an extra one now. ;)!

No need on the mount, got extras.
I have still a black/blue rear tail bag too, you have the plastic clips on the donor tunnel......... just sayin'.

porkchop said:
Ruggybuggy said:

No need on the mount, got extras.
I have still a black/blue rear tail bag too, you have the plastic clips on the donor tunnel......... just sayin'.

Hum, what would it take to get that bag$?

Back