• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need assistance

TMBVLMP13

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 VLMP
Hey everyone, I have a issue with my 2013 MP. I was way out on the western coast of AK, nelson island muskox hunting and on the way back we stopped about 1/2 way for 10-15 min. When I restarted the machine to take off it started to spit, buck and what sound to be a back fire from 5000-7000 rpm above that runs good and has good power. I made it home thankfully and I presumed it was a gas issues. I proceeded to drain the tank, evac everything out and inspect the tank, refilled with fresh gas and ran it through a filter just to be sure and test drove. Ran good. Shut it down for about 5 min, restarted it and the issues resumed. So I ran through the diagnosis on the dash and everything seems to check out. I have not gotten any sort of fault codes at all. The dealer her in Bethel AK is pretty poor as far a customer service and knowledge goes. I was a heavy equip tech for years before coming here so it seems to be something electrical. I started it this morning took it for a test drive, ran good. shut it off for a couple minutes started it up and did the same thing. It starts idles and runs good at higher RPM. every time you shut it down and restart it it does it when its warm.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe jump out the TORS switch. I had a similar problem with a bad TORS switch on a Warrior.

Tried resetting TORS, still got the issue. Checked sensors and they check out. No codes, no check engine lite. Just missing and running like garbage.

I have seen some say they had a bad coil but would only manifest itself when hot. I hate using the parts shotgun but this could be a possibility. Check the plugs for just one that is fouled from unburnt fuel.

Replaced both plugs since I was going to pull them and look. Still does it. Unplugged ecm, air temp, coolant temp, cycl pressure sensors to check for corrision. All connection look good. Plugs we're a darker tan and quite clean. Same issues. It seems to pop back into the air box when it does it. Has anyone heard of a decompression valve sticking? Progressing twards pulling out what little hair I have left.

Maybe running a bit too rich? Go into diagnostic mode and adjust the fuel down a notch.

Run a can of seafoam through intake? I’m not a big fan of engine fix from a can....but have heard it does work to clean internally or free up Gummed parts or sensors.
Also could a blocked/restricted exhaust/muffler be an issue? Or highly unlikely? Just throwing ideas out there.

Yeah me either, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I got some 93 octane and Lucas injector cleaner I'm going to run through it later this week. If that doesn't help i'll try the seafoam in the intake. Thanks for all the assistance.

So far nothing has worked. Ran good for 20 miles, shut it down for 5 min than kinda crappy. Let it idle for a couple minutes taking to a guy on the trail and ran really crappy. Shut it down for a couple hours, fired right up and ran like crap. Any other ideas, injectors?

So hard to say when you don’t have the machine in front of you?
Fuel pressure to injectors? Fuel pump weak? Suction screen/filter plugged? Fuel pressure regulator? Air leaks on intake components?
I have not studied the fuel system on this machine so just throwing things out there.

So hard to say when you don’t have the machine in front of you?
Fuel pressure to injectors? Fuel pump weak? Suction screen/filter plugged? Fuel pressure regulator? Air leaks on intake components?
I have not studied the fuel system on this machine so just throwing things out there.

To many things to try and trouble shoot with out being there. Might have to take it to the dealer. You can try posting a Video?

Back