• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need For Speed

You're the man SledFreak...Thanks. Is it obvious that there is money on the line for this drag race? What's a little $ between friends right? except I hate to lose...

i'm not bashing Yamaha!!! settle down girls! Just hope to see Yamaha run their engines stronger stock in the future! wow a few insecure people?
:yam:

Scheidl...We are all sensitive to toys we've spent lots of time and money on. No worries here and I agree that it would be nice for Yami to atleast offer a greater HP model but the facts are...They offer what will make them money.

In the group I ride with there is a Nitro XTX + 2009 Renegade 800 among other models and brands.

We do regular 200-300 mile rides and we drag race pretty well every ride.
Both the Renegade and the Nitro last year were bone stock[probably not this year!!!] LOL!

The Nitro always outran the Renegade in 660-1000 feet but the Renegade was coming hard and if they both stayed "in it" the Doo would pass the Nitro after 1000".

The stock Nitro pulled like a Mod sled from about 40mph to 85 mph...I actually was some impressed! [2002 SRX rider]

Reading all the posts on this specific subject I would recommend gearing up a tooth then dialing in the clutches to match the perf upgrades...you could Turbo this sled + still get badly embarresed if you don't dial in the clutching to match your power. Its all in the complete package!
JM.02c

Ps: I will be over here steady as soon as Yamaha puts the 4cyl in the Nitro Chassis!!

SRX.jpg

THe nytro is a 600 class sled. THere is no need for Yamaha to have any more HP than for the class it was produced for. DOO boys 800 should be racing an Apex with 150 HP. Too many people are making this assumption that the Nytro is some sort of big bore sled. The fact is, it is a overachieving 600 with bags of torque. So that being said tune your clutching and give him one heluva run for his money. It had better be a short distance as you will still run out of legs. JM.02

Scheidl said:
i'm not bashing Yamaha!!! settle down girls! Just hope to see Yamaha run their engines stronger stock in the future! wow a few insecure people?

FX Nytro engine was supposed to be 130 hp, but always dynoed between 138-142 hp. Name another sled that posted 10 +/- more hp than what the manufacturer claimed. What more do you want ?

Shoulda bought an xtx! According to Danarello they're faster! :tg:

All in fun.

**Anyone know what a 2009/2010 XP 800 gets for HP on the dyno?

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Scheidl said:

FX Nytro engine was supposed to be 130 hp, but always dynoed between 138-142 hp. Name another sled that posted 10 +/- more hp than what the manufacturer claimed. What more do you want ?

ummm, apex engine in the nytro perhaps....(once again, i'll repeat, wishful thinking)

Sounds like i'll need clutching, clutching, and more clutching on this bad-boy...Ulmer her I come...again

Scheidl said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Scheidl said:

ummm, apex engine in the nytro perhaps....(once again, i'll repeat, wishful thinking)

Not worth the weight gain for only an extra 7-8 hp.

CrossRev said:
Shoulda bought an xtx! According to Danarello they're faster! :tg:

All in fun.

**Anyone know what a 2009/2010 XP 800 gets for HP on the dyno?

they are mine kills an XPRS800..... the XTX are faster on top end over the shorties

doo's are not a problem...apex's and F7's are my problems

Daranello...I would think the F7 wouldn't present a problem in a flat out drag race...The Apex is a different story though.

A good running F7 is tough to beat... A stocker not so much...

F7's are primo drag race sleds....they hook up very well and also run geat top speeds. I had an 06 F7 std model that ran 114/115 out of the box ( on radar ) The only time I would lose to an Apex was in loose or deeper snow conditions...on ice or hard pack...I would kill them from start to finish. I never did get a chance to run a Nytro with it.....so now that I have an 08 Nytro RTX I'm gonna run my buddies F7s...I can't wait!

Me beating 2 F7's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIav-XekzFo

The one on my right was running fast all day, just not fast enough for the MaNIaC :-o He got me off the line by half a sled because he slightly jumped, but at the 300 foot mark, I was a couple lengths ahead and pulling away. 1000 feet down, I looked back and they were gonzo ! Needless to say, they were surprised.

Back