• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Help Identifying Bolt

bobmnh

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha S-TX-DX 146
Found this bolt in the belly pan. It looks like the same 2 bolts that are holding the turbocharger to the frame. Those bolts are in place. The loose bolt looks like it has been inserted but can't find where. The bolt has a 13mm hex (10mm bolt size?). It wasn't there on the first service. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2018 Sidewinder

Thanks,
Bob

resize.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies. It was a turbo bolt.
Sadly I have to admit that I am very disappointed in the build quality of this sled. Nothing like the many other Yamaha sleds I have had. Most likely I will finish the year on my "15 Apex.
Safe riding.

Thanks for the quick replies. It was a turbo bolt.
Sadly I have to admit that I am very disappointed in the build quality of this sled. Nothing like the many other Yamaha sleds I have had. Most likely I will finish the year on my "15 Apex.
Safe riding.

Maybe you've had other issues but I wouldn't get too discouraged about one bolt. These sleds are pretty awesome.

I have had other issues. I'm not comfortable getting too far from home. Rode for 2,668 on this Sidewinder. The remainder of the year I'll be riding my 15 Apex with 10,574 miles. Since 2007 I have had only one warranty repair on my other sleds. That was for a stator on a 2007 Attak on the 5th year.

Most likely I will try another Sidewinder for next year. We'll see what's offered for 2019.

Be safe.

Back