• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need more transfer

kennyspec

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
nytro
Hey guys I have a 08 mtx 156x2.5 challenger track. I'm really wanting to swap in a cat skid but just don't have the cash for that right now. It seems like it just won't transfer and just feels flat while going up hills. However my wife's 08 short track holds the skis in the air for miles on end.

I had some old parts lying around so I was going to try and throw something together to see if I get any more weight transfer and help get the skis up in the air.

D61DD1DF-6E24-4C8C-A32D-FD1FFD7005CE-5779-000003028C4AB84C_zps67b7c36f.jpg

I need to move the lower mount under the brace in the rails yet and make up a bushing to stop the yamaha slider thing from moving.

Got it rigged up. For now I just used the existing holes to see if it would even work. I know the geometry of the rear arm could be better but it's a start. It transfers so much better already!

4080C7F4-492E-4591-B684-E300D6815163-5779-0000035E1953B607_zpsd4daf2f7.jpg

Also need to use the upper mounting hole on the drop bracket. The rear of the skid touches the ground and the front is about a inch in the air still. I understood that you want the entire track to touch at the same time?

kennyspec..... your MTX rear is fairly similar to my XTX. i put the star kit in it and it transfres way better. i attached a couple pics of it, contact robert @ Star Suspensions, he is great to deal with.

Attachments

• nytro skid- star kit (3).JPG
    nytro skid- star kit (3).JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 98

Back