• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need some Phazer help PDQ!!

yamafarm

Extreme
Went out to warm up The Phazer just now. I t would not start and it was throwing codes. 14 and 26 I think So I start to remove plastic to see what was up.

:o| Long story short the throttle bodies are off the engine. What is the best way to put these back on? I have pretty much dismanteled the sled so now what? I think we goofed it up trying ti remove the aircleaner.

Later,
Will

You ever hear the phrase ten pounds of crap in a five pound diaper? That sums up the Phazer when it comes to working on it. I got them back on and am heading to wally world to find some metric Allen Wrenches to get this thing tight. It's going to the UPin about a week so I don't need it to blow apart in the shed.

Yeah my youngest daughter is 5 so I remember the horrors of packed diapers all too well. :drink: :drink: :drink: :die :die

Doh, and I missed the obvious, on the Apex that is a rough area to get to also. You gotta pull the headlight assembly with the gauge pod.

Cant find any newer drawings than 06 for you either.

You might take a peek at Apex disassembly instructions for possible clues
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=17722

We really need guys to put together some "how to's" on the Phazer that can be posted in the TY Tech section

Got it back together it will not start. I keep getting the 14, and 26 codes. How can I clear the codes out? I put everything back right so what's the deal?
ARRRGH!!!!!! I need this thing to run I'm three hours from the dealer.

Later,
Will

Intake hose sensor my be detached still, loose, plugged or pinched.... check all hoses and connectors.

Disconnect the battery to clear codes from the computer. It's easiest to do the negative terminal. I'm not sure how long the minimum time required is, so just leave it off for a few minutes to be sure.

I'm doing that right now. I'm sure it willtake care of it as everything else checks out. Got my tunnel bad and handgaurds from the mothership today will pick up my sheet to plug the icehole as I call it.
I also find it odd I have not heard one Star Trek "My Phazer is set for kill" Joke.

Later,
Will

Day three.
Finally got to the root of the problem. When I tried to start this thing It gas fouled the plugs. I got it to light si I'm moslty happy.

How do I clear the 14 and 26 codes I read the other post and did what it said but I get no Number 64.

Thanks for all the help.

I'm glad I'm diehard Yamaha or I would be killing somebodys cat right about now. this this is like working a a John Deere corn planter, 10 lbs of poo in a 4lbs diaper!!

Later,
Will

If codes are still flashing, you have problems.

Simply turning off the key resets the computer and the codes should not be showing up if there is no issue.

A few guys have had loose clamps on their thottle bodies, mine were loose as well and its hard to get at those things. When you have the airbox off there's several connectors on there to ensure you put back on properly.

Code 14: Intake pressure sensor hose problem. Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, etc on Cylinder #1.

Code 26: Intake pressure sensor hose problem. Hose is detached, loose, plugged, pinched, etc on Cylinder #2.

There's a hose (very small) that fits onto each sensor that plugs into the airbox above the throttle body area, no clamps on these little hoses.

If you are sure that everything is connected correctly and still getting the codes, then all I can say is take it all off again and reconnect it all to make sure its clean and tightly connected.

If that doesn't work and you still get codes but the thing runs right, I say ride it cause there's another electrical issue of some sort that you can have looked at after your trip.

I hope ypur right. I will check the conns after work tonight. I just get nervous tearing into a brandnew sled. it's got 106 miles on it.

Later,
Will

Little Phazer update here. I got to the root of the problem. When I tried to fire this thing up with the throttle bodies half off of it (I was not aware they had come undone.) It backfired and smoked the intake pressure switches.(Which I might add are the ONLY easy thing to get to on this little sled.)I have a pair coming from the mothership as we speak. I also put new plugs in and patched my tunnel hole installed hand guards and a tunnle bag. I think while I'm at it I'm going to put in a clutch kit while this thing is strewn about my little garage.

Later,
Will

Got it up and running tonight. Gonna hold off on the clutch kit as I need to get north with it to find some snow!
Now my Phazer is set for Kill not stun!
Oh come on that was funny right?

Later,
Will

Back