• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Negative boost numbers

NYTRORYDERAK

Veteran
Have a MPI stage 1 kit. Heres my question in the warm shop when i start it up the boost reading on the prologger is 0 or building a little boost. When I start is where i ride in the cold i see a -1 or so on the prologger for a boost number. Sled still builds boost and runs good just seeing negative numbers at idle when in cold weather or outside riding for that matter. I was wondering if anyone has experenced this also or if I should start looking for a leak in the system somewhere.

Super or Turbo??

I know on my turbo at idle it is common to see negative numbers, because it is reading the vacuum, but once you hit the throttle it goes right up.

HAHA, no supers dont build boost at idle. There is still a vacuum even at slow speeds. Those are your negative numbers and yes its ok to see at slow speeds.

If you want to be proper you are pulling inches of mercury or Hg at idle. You are on the vacuum side of the throttle plates, when you dump your throttle you build big vacuum opening your blow off valve. My turbo pulls about -7 Hg at idle. ;)! Shad

Back