• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 100% plastic bar ends.....pics

SRXSRULE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
This is a continue from my first post today about testing with no Hooks. I got good enough results with no ends that I want to make plastic ends to test out. Here is the result. The ends continue past the grip a 1/2 and then have a 3/8 wide knob on the end to keep your hand from sliding off. My hands fit perfect on them. I will test ride it again tomorrow night with temp results. ===SRXSRULE===

Attachments

• bar end 3.jpg
    bar end 3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 103
  • bar end 2.jpg
    bar end 2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 113
  • bar end 1.jpg
    bar end 1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 120

Can you make these for the rest of us? I figure we can pay you and bill Yamaha.

Why couldn't you order a set of grips for a 05RX and replace the useless 06 junk. Still would have to deal with the reduced voltage below 3500 rpm I guess.

Ruls, You're the man.

I posted that I was going to put the balls on, but the length would have to be dealt with.

You solved the problem, and I would be interested in purchasing a set also. This also would solve the problem of the hooks hitting the windshield.

If you don't make them for sale, I'll use PVC for a spacer, and put the standard balls on.

Yamaha finally comes out with hooks on their handlebars and you guys want to take them off? WTF. Not this kid!

I like the hooks as well. I think they are a great addition to the apex. I just hope yamaha can fix the problem so i can keep them.

You can buy hooks for about $20. Why were you waiting for Yamaha to finally fulfill your wish?

The reason that most sleds don't have them is because most people dont need them. Knobs are better than the average rider.

Why not just put plastic hooks on, DOO has them on there sleds.

I always did buy $20 hooks and that's exactly how most of them look is like $20. Nothing beats the clean factory look of the new hooks on the Apex. :bling

apex yooper said:
You can buy hooks for about $20. Why were you waiting for Yamaha to finally fulfill your wish?

The reason that most sleds don't have them is because most people dont need them. Knobs are better than the average rider.
I disagree, the knobs don't allow you the leverage you need when leaning hard into a corner at exceptionally high speeds. The hooks allow you to hang off the sled a little more and they look cool to boot.

To each there own. I'm a mountain rider and really long bars get caught on trees really easy, Even more so when its a 162 in tight trees. These make the total length of the bars 4" narrower and still leave you with 4.75" of grip room. Plus I dont do much "hanging out" in the high speed corners anymore.
Once I know this will work for sure, I will offer them to the guys that want them.

===SRXSRULE===

Back