• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2013 early release Yamaha snowmobile very disappointing

Trucker said:
If Yamaha is like all other Japanese manufactory's they only do big model changes every 5 yrs. I work for one and we do a big model change every 5 yrs. With small "why did they do that" changes every year. That's now they work, they plan many years ahead. Their golden ticket is the engine. I even had a Japanese trainer from Japan tell me Yamaha makes good engine. Funny thing is he rides snowmobiles. So if this will be the 5yr change. Hell it took over 20yrs before the company I work for "americanized" their cars. Now we can't build them fast enough. So with saying that they probly do have a new platform out there or 2. If they do just remember the years following will be like that last ones we had. I just get tiered of hearing about how bad Yamaha is and they don't hold up and broke this and so on. But they also say how hard they drive and just beat the hell out of them and how the other sleds brands take can't it either. sounds like a personal problem not a sled design problem. If I'm that unhappy with something I just don't use it and move on. If you like to ride hard and jump and bang stuff around and Yamaha isn't holding up. Then it sounds like yamaha isn't the brand your needing.(sorry for the rant just had to get it off my chest)I myself love Yamaha's and will have them untill they are not reliable to me. Hopfully that will never happen.

I agree just think of Skunk Works , Yamaha has a New Sled and they will realease it when THEY are ready.

$16 000 in these parts for a polaris 600 pro rush. That's insane for a 2-stroke and all its disadvantages. If your happy to ride on the payment plan then I guess it doesn't matter what the out the door price is but personally, I hate usury. If I'm going to spend that much on a sled, it better have a yamaha engine in it. I'm as disappointed as the next guy in yamaha's early release but with x-country nytros sporting and winnning with a new front end, if March 2 brings the same old nytro, then I'll be like WTF.
Trouble is, when I look around at the other manufacturers, there's no where else to go.

This link is to an article in snowtech dating 22nd December last year http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2012-ya ... -xtx-1-75/
And it was also mentioned on yamaha motor usa Facebook page some weeks ago.

And at the same time trying to make it an early release of the 2013 models when it has already been in the media for more than one month is just stupid.

Or do they expect us, their customer not to have noticed that they did that release in december already?

It's a good way to insult their customer and by doing that they will not generate more sales....

srx700lt said:
This link is to an article in snowtech dating 22nd December last year http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2012-ya ... -xtx-1-75/
And it was also mentioned on yamaha motor usa Facebook page some weeks ago.

And at the same time trying to make it an early release of the 2013 models when it has already been in the media for more than one month is just stupid.

Or do they expect us, their customer not to have noticed that they did that release in december already?

It's a good way to insult their customer and by doing that they will not generate more sales....

Thats what I meant above, x2!!!, they already released this sled this year, it's not a new model!

Well that makes my choice easier.... ill just move south, sell my sled, and study for 5 years. maybe then they will have something new.

Seriously...???
You got to be kidding...???
All this hype, a "teaser" video and even a "special release"......for this...???
For a sled that has been sold more or less exactly like this to scandinavians for the last three seasons...???
For something that most of us did with aftermarket parts already back in 2008...???

Like somebody else already said - this is not even funny. This is a proper offense towards customers...!

I've been on Yamaha's since 1997. Loved everyone one of them except my 2009 Nytro RTX SE. I jumped on a 2012 Cat Turbo this year. I had a chance to ride my buddy's 2011 apex xtx for about 20 miles this past weekend. When I got back on my Cat I was like this sled feels 200 pounds lighter then the apex even though it's not. I also noticed the apex was very harsh in studders and i thought mine was harsh but it wasn't bad compared to the Apex.

Yamaha jumped out on all the manufactures in 2003 with the RX-1 then they killed everyone with the Apex. That was a long time ago. Yamaha is lacking in every area of snowmobiling these days "Power Handling, ride quality and the biggest area weight and weight disbursement. Until Yamaha releases a new Chassis that at least 100 pounds lighter with a better front and rear suspension I'll be riding something besides a Yamaha.

My new Cat runs circles around any Yamaha I've owned. the Power and handling are second to non. It pains me to say this to because I've been a Yamaha loyalist for 14 years. I was the guy that always laughed at the Cats. Now I own one and I can tell you it's the real deal.

You guy's make me laugh! A lot of you think Yamaha is way behind and they are in some area's and STILL way ahead in a lot of others. Still no one makes a four stroke that compares to a Yamaha, 1,100 Twin, Turbo and it hardly runs with an Apex (998) unless you spend more money for more boost, Not impressed! Doo, 1,200 sluggish throttle response and has it's hands full with the Vector or Nytro (1050). Polaris four stroke, Boaring! I have a 12 standard Apex and recently rode an 11 800 E-Tec. It cornered a little better steered harder rode about the same and vibrated like hell to the point of putting my hand's and feet to sleep. I couldn't wait to gat back on my Apex!!!! Yamaha took a big step ahead in 06 and in some area's they are still ahead. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled two year old's that didn't get a new toy in here. Head lines for Cats 13 release, REBUILT 2012's but still will have issue's. 13 Doo, were lighter so were better even though we fall apart and blow motor's. Given the world economy and the snow condition's in our area I am comfortable with where I am at with my Apex. I put SnowTracker's on, marginal snow wheel's and stud's. Turn key and ride! Go to HCS and in to four stroke performance and read! I am smiling. :tg:

I understand how guys are mad about the backcountry release. That was pretty pathetic. But we need to chill out until the March release. If we get BNG and no changes then feel free to go nuts. I think with this horrible winter we've had, it will make sled sales way down. All the brands will have many leftovers so I don't except much new. Yamaha's lineup is very stale and needs new models. We all have our list of what we want from Yamaha. I just want something new even if its not what I want.

kviper said:
You guy's make me laugh! A lot of you think Yamaha is way behind and they are in some area's and STILL way ahead in a lot of others. Still no one makes a four stroke that compares to a Yamaha, 1,100 Twin, Turbo and it hardly runs with an Apex (998) unless you spend more money for more boost, Not impressed! Doo, 1,200 sluggish throttle response and has it's hands full with the Vector or Nytro (1050). Polaris four stroke, Boaring! I have a 12 standard Apex and recently rode an 11 800 E-Tec. It cornered a little better steered harder rode about the same and vibrated like hell to the point of putting my hand's and feet to sleep. I couldn't wait to gat back on my Apex!!!! Yamaha took a big step ahead in 06 and in some area's they are still ahead. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled two year old's that didn't get a new toy in here. Head lines for Cats 13 release, REBUILT 2012's but still will have issue's. 13 Doo, were lighter so were better even though we fall apart and blow motor's. Given the world economy and the snow condition's in our area I am comfortable with where I am at with my Apex. I put SnowTracker's on, marginal snow wheel's and stud's. Turn key and ride! Go to HCS and in to four stroke performance and read! I am smiling. :tg:

I have a 2012 F1100 sno pro and the 2011 Apex with everything done to it "clutching, Excel Wheels, PC5, and well broke in" would creeped my Cat on top. In a 660 drag race he had no prayer beucase the cat has such a strong bottom end. Guys are starting to figure them out now. rocker Dan who is a member of this site has his bone stock sled running over 125mph now. I've added my mods and I can run side by side with the apex running half throttle to his full throttle and that is stage 1 on a 4 stage TD setup. When I lay into it he's so far behind me i have to turn around to see him. My sled now runs 14 plus MPH better in the same distances when we do GPS runs and my sled isn't even dialed in yet.

How about the fact that his sled feels 200 pounds heavier when you ride it even though it's about the same weight. go ride in fresh wet snow and add another 100 plus pounds in weight from the snow and ice build up in the tunnel and I bet it feels real good to ride.

I've ridden the 2011 etec800, 800 poo and the 800 Cat all out perform the apex or Nytro on the trail.

i used to be like you. I kept telling myself how great my Yamaha was. I owned a 2011 apex and it was a fine snowmobile. It has nothing other then studder bump ride quality over my Cat.

The only problem i have now is no one wants to race me. I spent last Saturday afternoon flagging off my two buddies with apexs.

This is disappointing cause the others brands are not sitting on their #*$&@ because of recession. Yamaha has no excuse.

Polaris came out with the rush in the thick of it. Doo with Etech 600 and 800 and new suspension. Are they bankrupt now? Hardly.

As mentioned, Polaris confirmed their belt drive system instead of a chaincase and rumors says doo will have it too. That is exiting, not a "new" 1.75" track.

430552_366596980019200_129298157082418_1482818_177520205_n.jpg

136 Mono, Listen to your self! To start with you are comparing a 1,100 cc Turbo at what 12- 14 lb boost stock to 998 cc na and then you turn up the boost more and brag about how much you win by? If fair comparison's are out the window than go race a well set up Apex at the same boost as you are at and report back. Not going to take anything away from RockerDan because he does well with his stuff including his Apex well in to the 120's, How ever his Apex is still giving up near 30 HP so he has a ways to go with the Cat (in comparison). As far as feeling 200lb lighter? You are the first that I have heard that statement from and I will leave it at that. There are more personal preferences in snowmobiling than any other motor sport that I know of. I read in another post that Yamaha has a new mountain sled but they did not get the time on it that they require to release it, Cat could take a big lesson here! I am not intentionally bashing your sled but read on HCS in the Cat four stroke performance forum! My god did any one even ride one before production? The 03 F-7 had the record for recall's and the new Turbo I think may beat it. As I said, personal preference. You paid for your sled and if you are happy that is all that maters. My sled has 0 issue's and so far is flawless, that does not happen with new sled's every couple year's. I under stand the Nytro guy's like there sled's but need a couple up dates. The yen VS dollar now is not helping Yamaha at all. Remember Yamaha only released one sled? They have never done this before?

Back