• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2013 early release Yamaha snowmobile very disappointing

Phatboyc said:
This is disappointing cause the others brands are not sitting on their #*$&@ because of recession. Yamaha has no excuse.

Polaris came out with the rush in the thick of it. Doo with Etech 600 and 800 and new suspension. Are they bankrupt now? Hardly.

As mentioned, Polaris confirmed their belt drive system instead of a chaincase and rumors says doo will have it too. That is exiting, not a "new" 1.75" track.

430552_366596980019200_129298157082418_1482818_177520205_n.jpg

That is really cool.....

kviper said:
You guy's make me laugh! A lot of you think Yamaha is way behind and they are in some area's and STILL way ahead in a lot of others. Still no one makes a four stroke that compares to a Yamaha, 1,100 Twin, Turbo and it hardly runs with an Apex (998) unless you spend more money for more boost, Not impressed! Doo, 1,200 sluggish throttle response and has it's hands full with the Vector or Nytro (1050). Polaris four stroke, Boaring! I have a 12 standard Apex and recently rode an 11 800 E-Tec. It cornered a little better steered harder rode about the same and vibrated like hell to the point of putting my hand's and feet to sleep. I couldn't wait to gat back on my Apex!!!! Yamaha took a big step ahead in 06 and in some area's they are still ahead. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled two year old's that didn't get a new toy in here. Head lines for Cats 13 release, REBUILT 2012's but still will have issue's. 13 Doo, were lighter so were better even though we fall apart and blow motor's. Given the world economy and the snow condition's in our area I am comfortable with where I am at with my Apex. I put SnowTracker's on, marginal snow wheel's and stud's. Turn key and ride! Go to HCS and in to four stroke performance and read! I am smiling. :tg:
Your reading my mind!!! ;)! They will have to come out with something special to get me off my 06 Apex Gt.!!!

Well that early release was exciting as a glass of flat beer! LOL Let's see 2013 Nytro platform unchanged, Vector had EPS, Apex had EPS & EXUP, Venture had makeover, so doesn't leave much room but Phaser & BNG for the rest of 2013 line up. Kids sled probably is coming later & unless Yam has a new platform for the core user we are done for 2013. Very disapponting.

kviper said:
136 Mono, Listen to your self! To start with you are comparing a 1,100 cc Turbo at what 12- 14 lb boost stock to 998 cc na and then you turn up the boost more and brag about how much you win by? If fair comparison's are out the window than go race a well set up Apex at the same boost as you are at and report back. Not going to take anything away from RockerDan because he does well with his stuff including his Apex well in to the 120's, How ever his Apex is still giving up near 30 HP so he has a ways to go with the Cat (in comparison). As far as feeling 200lb lighter? You are the first that I have heard that statement from and I will leave it at that. There are more personal preferences in snowmobiling than any other motor sport that I know of. I read in another post that Yamaha has a new mountain sled but they did not get the time on it that they require to release it, Cat could take a big lesson here! I am not intentionally bashing your sled but read on HCS in the Cat four stroke performance forum! My god did any one even ride one before production? The 03 F-7 had the record for recall's and the new Turbo I think may beat it. As I said, personal preference. You paid for your sled and if you are happy that is all that maters. My sled has 0 issue's and so far is flawless, that does not happen with new sled's every couple year's. I under stand the Nytro guy's like there sled's but need a couple up dates. The yen VS dollar now is not helping Yamaha at all. Remember Yamaha only released one sled? They have never done this before?

Your sled is flawless?? No sled is flawless. My new cat has had lots of issues. Not going to lie. However those issues aside it was still a no brained to buy the cat. The cat has so much potential it was just to much to pass up.

Oh and if I wanted to build a yamaha to compete with this cat it would have cost me 20k

136monoshock said:
kviper said:
136 Mono, Listen to your self! To start with you are comparing a 1,100 cc Turbo at what 12- 14 lb boost stock to 998 cc na and then you turn up the boost more and brag about how much you win by? If fair comparison's are out the window than go race a well set up Apex at the same boost as you are at and report back. Not going to take anything away from RockerDan because he does well with his stuff including his Apex well in to the 120's, How ever his Apex is still giving up near 30 HP so he has a ways to go with the Cat (in comparison). As far as feeling 200lb lighter? You are the first that I have heard that statement from and I will leave it at that. There are more personal preferences in snowmobiling than any other motor sport that I know of. I read in another post that Yamaha has a new mountain sled but they did not get the time on it that they require to release it, Cat could take a big lesson here! I am not intentionally bashing your sled but read on HCS in the Cat four stroke performance forum! My god did any one even ride one before production? The 03 F-7 had the record for recall's and the new Turbo I think may beat it. As I said, personal preference. You paid for your sled and if you are happy that is all that maters. My sled has 0 issue's and so far is flawless, that does not happen with new sled's every couple year's. I under stand the Nytro guy's like there sled's but need a couple up dates. The yen VS dollar now is not helping Yamaha at all. Remember Yamaha only released one sled? They have never done this before?

Your sled is flawless?? No sled is flawless. My new cat has had lots of issues. Not going to lie. However those issues aside it was still a no brained to buy the cat. The cat has so much potential it was just to much to pass up.

Oh and if I wanted to build a yamaha to compete with this cat it would have cost me 20k

He said so far its flawless big difference.

Now dont give Yamaha too much credit for the last couple of years... you talk about "BOLD new graphics" nothin Bold about them graphics , NG it is... New graphics.....

One fact we've forgotten is the Earth Quake over there. I bet it's taken it's toll on "Business as normal"..
I don't care what they've done or not. I love my machine..never let me down. I've ridden with buddies with other makes and there is always someone who has problems and cuts the trips short.

Yamaha makes a quality engine for sure! We all know that. I have ridden Yamaha since 1976! I have seen many sleds, ridden many different brands but I always find a reason to stay with Yamaha. We ( Yamaha ) always are heavier, seem to have slider, wheels, darting or inferior suspensions and give up HP but our sleds still perform well, last longer ( count the # of old sleds still kicking around) compared to cat, doo,and poo. If you had to by a sled say older than 15 years old what would you buy? Yamaha! 15 years from now will it be any different? I doub't it! Yes, I think Yamaha tends to aim at the baby boomer market, us older guys who have the $ and smarts to buy the sled they sell! They have the right sled for me ( Mostly trail with some back country riding) As far as the back country Nitro I think they had a some made and didn't get much sold so that's why the offer? I agree with most you will see some good left over deals this summer and fall for sure!
just my 2 cents!
Blue

To sum up this NEW release, you can only polish an apple so many ways and times, and at the end of the day, it,s still an apple. Being polite here, I could have used T@#d. I would rather see a manufacturer skip a year, than try to pass off a 2 year old model for NEW. If you got nothing, then don,t try to make something out of nothing. Hope the rest of the lineup has something new and exciting. Like some of the other brands.. Competition is good. Try and compete.

You cant polish a turd... but you can always chrome it

#1APEXRIDER said:
To sum up this NEW release, you can only polish an apple so many ways and times, and at the end of the day, it,s still an apple. Being polite here, could have used T@#d. I would rather see a manufacturer skip a year, than try to pass off a 2 year old model for NEW. If you got nothing, then don,t try to make something out of nothing. Hope the rest of the lineup has something new and exciting. Like some of the other brands.. Competition is good. Try and compete.

SledFreak said:
The thing is when people leave for a different sled maker, it is hard to get them to come back. This just keeps blowing my mind. Year after year, the same sleds gets released. I feel sorry for dealers and sales reps. Like, how are you supposed to keep selling your product.... Its just very disappointing.

They aren't....Which is why they are LOSING dealers on a monthly basis. Your also only mentioning the lack of product....where the other half of the issue is the price differential between the USA and Canada. It's impossible for the "Canadian" dealers to compete apples to apples on product which is dramatically more money. Does Yamaha not realize that OVER 75% of the Canadian population lives within 2 hours or less of the border? Apparently not.

Back