• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they do a bold (stupid) move and decide not to release it.....they do have at least one all new machine. Again, it's a version of the side by side motor, turbo'd in an all new chassis built in TRF, all new clutches. There is only ONE proto built unless they recently got the production line going. Supposedly close to 200 hp, fast,fast, fast...!!....did I say FAST?? But not cheap......
And your info comes from?????

Something to think about is : the deal yama has done with ac. Whats included in that deal. Yama can use the cat-chassis and cat can use the 1049 3-cyl engine. I think thats the deal. Nothing else. For the future yama will use cat-chassis with 998 3-cyl with and without turbo, and 998 4-cyl without turbo, and cat will use 1049 3-cyl with and without turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to think about is : the deal yama has done with ac. Whats included in that deal. Yama can use the cat-chassis and cat can use the 1049 3-cyl engine. I think thats the deal. Nothing else. For the future yama will use cat-chassis with 998 3-cyl with and without turbo, and 998 4-cyl without turbo, and cat will use 1049 3-cyl with and without turbo

I would bet money that the new sled That is coming out will basically be the same one that cat will use to replace the T9000 With a little different look.

The thing I found interesting is that the tours at the factor were put on hold while "new" production was done.

Subaru2006

I would bet money that the new sled That is coming out will basically be the same one that cat will use to replace the T9000 With a little different look.

The question is: will cat and yama become one, or will they keep on as two sled suppliers. If so, they need to be a bit different. I dont think that the future will give us two suppliers with the exact identical sleds

Unless they do a bold (stupid) move and decide not to release it.....they do have at least one all new machine. Again, it's a version of the side by side motor, turbo'd in an all new chassis built in TRF, all new clutches. There is only ONE proto built unless they recently got the production line going. Supposedly close to 200 hp, fast,fast, fast...!!....did I say FAST?? But not cheap......

Your not going to get your source in trouble are you for letting these details out. LOL

I think they had to moderate themselves after the big Doo release. A turboed engine and new plastic may not stick it anymore.

Yamaha claimed five years, then new engines new chassis. That would be 2018, and also the 50th anniversary. Soo....

Subaru2006

True. "Competition don't blink "
" leave comp in the dust "

Bold statements for just plastic and stickers ...

Yamaha claimed five years, then new engines new chassis. That would be 2018, and also the 50th anniversary. Soo....

Subaru2006
So the competition shouldn't blink cuz they will miss the new fancy stickers and plastic ? I think there is something big here. Time will tell and it can't come
Soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back