• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the latest edition of Snowtrax TV, Randy Swenson brings the ST crew to Revelstoke to test MPI Vipers. Then invites the crew to try 2016 Yamaha YZ 450 with Yeti 129 kits, tell me that riding position doesn't look exactly like the guy riding the fluff in the Yamaha promo vid. It's coming and so is that other little surprise I keep taking about. You can thank me later.

I watched that thismorning, wish I had one of those bikes. But they're not allowed on trails and we just don't get the snow like revelstoke does so it would be a waste of money for me. Even if they were allowed on trails I don't think they would handle good on a groomed trail. Designed more for the powder...

So your saying a snowbike is possiable? They are tennitive on recovering costs of a 2stroke that they would sell 5000 of a year? And you feel they will develop an entire machine that to date has 10,000 in total in the world sold as an entire market? Im sure it's on their radar as a possiablity but that's it at this point it's not even a big enough market for 1 company. Please let's ignore this snowbike bs that obviously only 1 person on here wants one.

Now onto all this bs about cat 2stroke in a cat chassis with Yamaha sticker. How's that even possiable. And let alone in the video with cat and Yamaha execs they said in 4 stroke world we are allies in 2 stroke world we are competitors.

i too think the snowbike is a small market, but who knows, maybe they did marketing research and its a good potential market.. but i think its pretty far fetched...they want to sell sleds, thats why they teamed up with Arctic cat and in the Video, they seem to say THE BEST IS YET TO COME.....BRING IT ON YAMAHA..WE'RE ALL WAITING HERE...:die:die

There's alot of talk about Yamaha's ''market share'' in the snow 'biz. Yamaha isn't in snowmobiles to dominate the market. Don't get me wrong, they'd be happy to sell & make more $$. They want to keep Yamaha guys YAMAHA guys. Hear me out. My friend is a perfect example. He WAS a Honda guy before he bought 2006 Apex, since Honda doesn't make sleds. The sled has been, & still is, soo good to him that he bought a 2009 FZ-1 motorcycle next. Last year he was in market for a big 300 HP boat motor. That's a $20,000 to $25,000 motor! It came down to E-TEC & Yamaha. He did a lot of research & soul searching. Money was close & so was performance & dealers were similar. It came down to his experience & faith in his SNOWMOBILE. He bought the Yamaha motor. That's over $20,000 in Yammi's pocket due to a ''small market share'' snowmobile. BTW, the day they went shark fishing on buddy's E-tec boat & forgot oil, is the day he knew he made the right choice...he's now a YAMAHAULIC!!!!

I am getting tired of hearing so much about a snow bike. I highly doubt this is the big release Yamaha is coming out with. First, they aren't legal on the trails. Second, there's no way it could handle remotely as well as a sled and three, there is no demand for them. Up until a month ago, no one has heard of or even mentioned the wish to own a snow bike. Even now, would anyone of you trade in your sled for a snow bike? I just can't see Yamaha producing something that is not in high demand. For several years, we have been screaming for a lighter weight sled and hopefully this is the year Yamaha delivers.

Cant wait for a factory snow bike! Bring it Yamaha! Braaap !

Attachments

• Yamaha fx jump.jpg
    Yamaha fx jump.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Yamaha fx.jpg
    Yamaha fx.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 154
I watched that thismorning, wish I had one of those bikes. But they're not allowed on trails and we just don't get the snow like revelstoke does so it would be a waste of money for me. Even if they were allowed on trails I don't think they would handle good on a groomed trail. Designed more for the powder...

Mountain only model.

Steve is correct. I was ski doo...for decades...when sales sucked and the prs suspension beat the crap out of me....had an early mxz on the new chassis on 93...the hood was fiberglass!!!....and a bunch more over the years...last in sales....but they treated me good from a reliabilty, economy, and more speed per cc. than the other brands...stuck with them, but got intrigued with the 4 strokes, so ordered 2 before anyone had ever seen one on snow...a few prototypes floating around at events...but...Almost went back to doo, as I broke the sump and blew the engine on one (vulnerable underbelly), and rolled the other one...horrible handling...got hurt too...no ski doo ever hurt me....but...loved the motor. No info back then, so just started fooling around. ..trying things...and got it working..changed the track...etc..swaybars, springs as stuff became available....same with the vector...but the apex, sealed the deal...awesome sled with huge potential...and now..most everyone I ride with has a Yamaha 4 stroke...small group, but 3 apexs, 2 older nytros, a delta vector anniversary, and my other vector...and those old rx1s are still around and beat to snot but still running like a bear...it's just that when we wanted to ride....we just rode....no worries about getting back..friggin pistons...with ski doos...although we did blow up a mach z 3 twice...lmao...we bad...lol....just keep them yammies upright and hammer...reinforce when the suspension breaks...and just ride.....but to the point....is Lexus the top seller? Do they want to be? Are people happy with their lexus? Ford trucks are top seller...so why do ram, Toyota and Chevy even bother? Does everyone love and have to have a ford? I had fords...not bad...but sales numbers mean nothing...buy what you like and what treats you well....don't like what yammy offers? Go somewhere else....

well you guys need to remember they patented a snow bike years ago,therefore testing is done and now its time for the release>>just going off facts unless yamaha has found a way to hide patents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back